- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 2219 KB
- Print Length: 94 pages
- Publisher: HarperPress; ePub ed edition (1 Mar. 2012)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007B5EENQ
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 12 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #96,446 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|This price was set by the publisher.|
Plato: Philosophy in an Hour Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Like I care? Who cares about these stupid anectodes. Tell me about Plato and his philosophy, dumb***s
It is written in a very simple form, which is easy to follow and absorb. This is good given the fear with which one may approach Plato, or philosophy, for the first time.
The book covers three broad areas:
(1) the context of the world in which Plato lived, and his life experiences;
(2) a high level explanation of his philosophy: a major influence on Christian theology following the neo-Platonists, and still of great influence, Regardless of your personal spirituality, you can learn from this;
(3) a very short summary of his views on how society should be ordered. These views are unpleasant in application, and were an influence on fascism and communism.
For the price this is very good value, and worth reading.
Found it a bit challenging on some bits as is with any philosophy book
Plato has some crazy ideas of a perfect society but I'd be interested to read some of his works
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Strathern gives excellent summaries of various thinkers. Concise and to the point, with appropriate analysis and criticism of the key aspects of Plato's ideas.Published 11 months ago by joseph
Very informative summary of Plato's philosophical teachings and debates, without the mumbo jumbo. I would certainly recommend it without hesitation.Published on 26 Oct. 2013 by Noel Duffy
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy > History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy > Philosophers
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Greek & Roman
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > History & Surveys