- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Plastic Ono Band - Classic Albums [DVD]  [DVD] 
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
|Price:||£10.24 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
The story behind the former Beatle's first solo album. With both Lennon and Yoko Ono having undertaken primal scream therapy prior to its recording, the subsequent album dealt head-on with many of Lennon's personal issues. The result was a stark, stripped-down sound, which served to highlight the raw emotion contained in the songs. Contributors include Ringo Starr, Yoko Ono and bass player Klaus Voorman.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The least useful to me are those where the artist has sadly passed on, such as Nirvana's Nevermind or Jimi Hendrix' Electric Ladyland,so you don't get any input from the key artist behind the record. However, they're all still worth a look and the series is good value.
This program could almost fall into that category, but the DVD features exerpts from interviews which John did at the time the album was recorded, so you get his comments on the proceedings.
As usual with this series, you get to listen to alternate takes, how the sound mix was done etc. The conversations with Ringo and Klaus Voorman are fascinating and the extras are worthwhile.
For those interested in the making of 'Imagine', the album which followed this one, the 'Gimme Some Truth' DVD is worth a look.