on 21 September 2017
I am extremely pleased with this very informative book. It's certainly worth having if you want to plant a bee friendly garden as the authors explain which plants attract certain bees. The authors have certainty done their research into providing readers with an insightful view into the wonderful world of British bees and the usefulness of certain plants to specific bee species. Absolutely brilliant book which I shall refer to in the future.
on 21 December 2012
This is a stunning book, beautifully designed and photographed, giving huge swathes of information in a really clear easy to digest format. Emphasing the needs of plants and pollinators to live together to keep our planet going and to feed us all. A must read for anyone who loves any of the above and especially if you can plants some of these bee friendly trees and flowers around you... I am a bee keeper and a gardener and will be reading this from cover to cover - what a wonderful gift!
on 29 December 2014
This is a great book for anyone wanting to do their part in helping the bee populations! I live in a London suburb and already designed my garden to attract a lot of wildlife. This is the second summer in our new house and I already have butterflies breeding in my little 2m by 4m mini meadow, frogs and dragonflies also took residence in my tiny 500l pond so even if you live in a big city as London you can still help out the local wildlife. I've got a big list with plants to add from this book to encourage more bumblebees and also solitary bees who are already residing in my bee houses on my south facing wall.
review image review image review image
on 23 October 2012
I bought this book to learn about which plants to grow in my garden to help the bee population, but I have learned so much more: the first chapter explained the importance of bees and why we need them, I then read about honeybees, bumblebees and solitary bees - fascinating! So well written and easy to understand yet full of interesting facts.
The main part of the book covers the plants in alphabetical order and has an excellent little guide showing how good each plant is for which type of bee. The pictures are really stunning throughout the book and every detail, (such as the design of the hard cover)makes this a beautiful publication. Highly recommended! Plants for Bees: A Guide to the Plants That Benefit the Bees of the British Isles
review image
on 5 June 2013
If you have an interest in gardening and bees, all 260 odd British native bees, not just the honey bee, then this is an invaluable resource, summarising the usefulness of a very wide range of garden and wild flowers. Clearly written, authoritative and well illustrated.
on 23 October 2012
We were looking for guidance on what to plant to help the bees in our new cottage garden so bought 'Plants for Bees'.

It's a lovely 'sturdy' book, with lots of great illustrations. It's easy to use with handy reference to the different types of bees that one can expect in the UK - and a comprehensive plant index.

A must for any gardener that wants to encourage bees!
on 13 February 2013
Very good coverage of plants for various bee species, not just for honey bees which is our interest. Good photographs, would recommend.
on 30 October 2012
This is a great book, full of information and interesting facts. I had no idea how many types of bees we had and my garden will be planted differently in the future. The chapters are full of information and I especially liked to learn more about bumble bees as I now realise that I have regular visits from 2 different types. I recommend this for all who care about bees, whatever the type, as it can only help by ensuring that we plant for bees needs of both pollen and nectar.
on 21 June 2013
The perfect book for anyone who loves bees and wants to learn more about them and discover what to plant to create a bee-friendly garden.
I use it all the time and it's working wonders already!
on 11 October 2013
BRILLIANT!!! has enabled me to tick off the plants I already have and ones I need to keep a continuous supply of nectar and pollen for our precious bees although the year. Would highly recommend. Very informative.