on 23 September 2014
Chose this because it was a 'Plantronics' product, therefore a quality item, plus, it had very good reviews from other purchasers too! It is a real quality piece of kit, nice and simple to use, no 'fancy' unwanted gimmicky extras, and is very reliable. Locks on to my iPhone 4S automatically every time, and auto-reconnects quickly if you walk away from your phone then return within range, with an impressive connection distance too! I can definitely recommend this product without hesitation. Will purchase from this seller again!
on 2 February 2014
I was hoping the 'noise cancelling technology' would do just that but I'm afraid it doesn't cope with even the gentlest breeze.
That said, in good conditions (in doors of driving for instance) it is excellent and as lomg as you don't need to rely on it walking the dog, it is a good piece of kit.
on 21 October 2013
Well made and fits like a glove that you don't know you are wearing it
Does tend to drop a call now and then
Would recommend for the price and value and ease of using it
on 4 August 2016
I have used one of these for 18 months, mostly while driving in an old noisy car - and I think it is excellent. Loud enough to hear without any problems. People on the other end can hear me clearly. Battery life is long enough for my needs. Using it for a few minutes each day - I have it switched on for 80 minutes every day, and using it for conversations varying between a minute and 30 minutes - probably averaging about 5 mins each day - I find I need to charge it every few weeks. It gives a verbal battery status on start-up, which is useful. Reasonably comfortable to wear for my daily commute (2 x 40 minute journey every day) - though for longer periods it may start to get a bit irritating. Easy to link with the phone. Volume control is a little odd (it cycles through the volumes from quiet to loud sequentially, then back to quiet again - i.e. you can't make it quieter without getting to go louder first). Lacks a "mute" option which would be useful - but my phone has this option if required. Overall, there are probably "better" (and more expensive) models available, but this fitted exactly what I needed. I've bought a second one for a family member.
on 20 July 2014
I am quite impressed with this headset. It was a quick set up and it paired up with my phone straight away. I've only used it for a couple of hours at a time with a few 10 minute conversations and the battery has stayed on high. When you turn it on, it tells you Power On, Battery High, Connected so you are aware of the state of the device. It would be nice if the volume could be a bit higher, but I've had no problems having conversations in noisy places. On the other side, then say they can hear me well, but the device does not cancel background noise as well as some other headsets. Sometimes I accidentally press the talk button when I'm trying to push it further into my ear but I now know and grab it by the sides instead. It feels comfortable, light and secure on my ears when moving about.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 4 November 2014
A nice little item. I am fortunate that I possess a Tom Tom hands free kit for my iphone which I use in my main car and this replaced a Jabra visor type handsfree kit and both of these items have worked well in my main use saloon car, then along came an MG TF as a toy for a middle aged man.

With the hard top on my car, both the Jabra and Tom Tom have worked great, but when I am using the car with the soft top up or down, neither is satisfactory and as I have a 124 mile return commute each day and on sunny days like to take the MG, I needed something more appropriate to use when telling my wife I was going to be late home again due to traffic on the M3.

Set up was easy, just a simple pairing after a one hour charge, using the supplied cable. I used my imac to charge the device, although I gather you can charge it in you car with the right adaptor. In use the headset is comfortable to wear, but more importantly for me, I can hear telephone calls clearly, particularly those "but you said you would be home at 6:30, it's ow almost 8:00 and in 10 minutes your dinner is going into the dog" and my wife can hear my whining responses. I would say that the sound that she receives when I have the hood down is clear but there is not surprisingly, some background wind noise.

So how good is it? I use it in an MG TF with the hood down at speeds of 70 ish (158 ps) on the M3 both passing trucks and being passed by mainly German engineering. I not only can receive calls and hear them clearly and vice versa, they can hear me. At the price it is really good and I can only recommend it.
on 7 March 2015
Excellent bluetooth headset - fantastic value! I previously bought a Samsung HM1100 as I just wanted a basic headset to use my mobile at home and have my hands free, however after a year of use decided to look for something better quality and willing to pay to more to get it. The Samung is ok for the price, but I had problems hearing the person on the other end and visa versa if there was any sort of background noice or wind (i.e. when I used it out and about); plus the quality and availability of parts (e.g. the hook around the ear) left something to be desired.

I thought I needed to pay more to get better quality, but I was wrong. The Pantronics ML18 is excellent and costs pretty much the same as the Samsung (I paid just around £11). The volume and sound quality are significantly better than the Samsung - I can hear and be heard clearly even when walking in windy conditions or next to a busy road. The ear hook is easy to use and can be used on either ear; it's also more sturdy and likely to last longer than the Samsung one. When I first tried it on, I wasn't sure it would stay comfortably in place, but it does and it feels comfortable.

The line can sound a bit fuzzy sometimes, but it's not a major issue and I got used to it pretty quickly and don't really notice it now. It doesn't get in the way of sound quality at all, which is the most important thing. The headset charges quickly and a voice prompt tells you when it's on, off, batter level and connected to your phone.

A fantastic headset for the price - well worth it and I'd buy it again if I ever lost it.
on 5 October 2014
Truly excellent headset, very good battery life, and comes with a couple of buttons that you can remap on Android. Very useful with a voice assistant, because now you can basically call it with the press of a button. You can also link to a couple of Tasker tasks with such application... which means that you could use this headset to control your media player, turn on/off the flashlight or anything else your creativity may call for.

The noise cancelling feature is useful. It plays some sounds to notify connection, battery or pairing events. Comfortable reversible design, very loud sound too. It doesn't play music (not AD2P) but who cares... it's gotta be destabilising to be listening to music on one ear while the other is still plugged into reality... plus, the audio frequency of the carrier protocol doesn't allow for audiophile sound precisely.
on 27 February 2015
Bought this to replace a Sony Ericsson headset that finally died after years of faithful service. I menace my headsets pretty ruthlessly over a full shift every day, they have to work well, hold charge well and fit like a glove, the Sony did all these things, so does this.....better.
It has a proper on off switch, you switch it on, it says 'power on' and then tells you the battery state and then 'connected'.
A few presses of the volume button has the voice telling you 'volume full' could it get any better?
Well yes, it was just over a tenner and the call quality and fit are excellent. A chap I work with bought the same headset at the same time as me (pure coincidence) and he loves his too, he had owned it two weeks and it was still saying 'battery medium'.
If you want a bluetooth headset buy this one it's gold for the price of silver as they say on that crap advert.
on 26 July 2014
To be honest I was expecting a slightly bulky headset. But it's very small and very light. Once you wear it, you can hardly feel that it's there. Pairing is very fast and easy. I paired it with two devices at a time; With my laptop and my phone (Nokia Lumia) (however, haven't used them simultaneously). Works flawless with both of them.

Audio quality is very nice, high and I think noise-cancelling is also quite good; Used it in the car with windows open, no problems at all.

One thing I really liked is that I can use it in my both ears. You can alter the clip to fit the other ear easily. And it works with Viber.

Only drawback is that you can't listen to music with this set. It hasn't got that technology in it but I knew it before buying so that's not a problem for me.

Strongly recommended.