- Amazon Student Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Plant-based Diet for Dummies Paperback – 15 Aug 2014
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
- Choose foods that boost your energy, lower your cholesterol, and protect your cells
- Prepare meals that provide balanced nutrition from plant–based foods
- Maintain a plant–based diet at any stage of life
Reap the benefits a plant–based diet has to offer
Getting nutrition from plant–based foods is one of the best things you can do to lose weight, fight disease, and feel great. Chock–full of info on the most nutrient–dense foods, details on modifying your diet, and much more, this down–to–earth guide gives you everything you need to eliminate meat and reap the benefits of a plant–based lifestyle!
- Plant a seed ― understand how a plant–based diet and lifestyle improves your energy, lowers your cholesterol, and protects your body’s cells from damage by cancer–causing agents
- Meat, be gone ― transition to plant–based living with tips on overhauling your kitchen contents, being a savvy shopper, and boosting your diet with supplements
- What’s on your plate? ― discover how to make wholesome choices for your meals and get organized with handy grocery lists and meal plans
- Get cookin’ ― make simple and delicious recipes the whole family will love, and find out how to modify your favorite recipes to be plant–based
- Take note ― find plant–based specifics for athletes, expectant moms, seniors, and children
Open the book and find:
- 50+ recipes for every meal of the day
- Tips for filling your fridge and pantry with plant–based foods
- How to navigate restaurants and special occasions on a plant–based diet
- Ideas for stretching your recipes beyond one meal
- Guidance on raising children on a plant–based diet
- Which plant foods are good sources of fat, protein, complex carbohydrates, and fiber
- Ten plant–based treatments to add to your beauty routine
About the Author
Marni Wasserman is a culinary nutritionist and health strategist. She owns and operates her Food Studio and Lifestyle Shop in Toronto where she teaches people how to make everyday eating simple and delicious. She also writes for Tonic Toronto magazine, Huffington Post, Chatelaine Magazine, and her blog at www.marniwasserman.com.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category