on 14 July 2013
This book was written with careful thought and respect for the Amish culture and the needs of someone followed by the media constantly.
It was intriguing and was not easy to put down. I await the sequel with great expectation. I was not disappointed with the first two books, infact, I feel I have found an author whose books I would be glad to read anytime. Thank you for the polished research.
on 19 May 2013
I hav read other books by Sarah Price and have enjoyed all of them. This series is different o the others giving a 'worldly' side to the story. So I did find it hard to adjust after reading the others. But once you get into the story it's great. You can't put it own. Am looking or ward to reading the Finland book in this series once it ones out. I recommend all of Sarah Price's books. They are. Lovely read nod make you want to be apart of them.
on 23 May 2014
I downloaded this immediately as I finished the first book, eager to find out the next step in the journey of Amanda and Alejandro. As much as the first book was a look at Amish life, this second book shows us Alejandro's world of stardom in the music industry. I liked the way Sarah kept interjecting Amanda's childhood memories as a contrast or likeness to what she was then experiencing in a very different setting. The love story is very passionate and beautiful.
on 27 October 2015
Having enjoyed the first book in this series, I was keen to read the remaining three books. This is book two, chronicling the beginning of Amanda and Alejandro's new life together. It picks up exactly where book one left off, and it does occur to me that maybe it would have been better as part of book one. The first book seemed quite short, and to me it would have been less disruptive to have kept them as one book.
This book covers a relatively short period of time as Amanda learns to live life outside of her community, and in the direct glare of the media. Much it demonstrates the frustrations and joys that she finds, and it is clear that the author has a good insight into the things which would seem wondrous or frightening to Amanda. What I did find a little tedious was the repeated description of both Amanda and Alejandro's clothing in great detail. By the time I was half way through this book, I was beginning to think that I wouldn't have bothered, had it not been part of the series. As a stand alone story, I found it rather 'romantic' but linked with the first book, it draws out the story of this family well. I will definitely read the remaining two books, and hope that they bring the tale back to its Amish roots.
Many thanks to the publishers, Waterfall Press for making a copy available via Netgalley for review.
on 17 August 2013
I enjoyed this book, the second of a series. An interesting story of two conflicting worlds merging. I like the respect the two main characters have for each others worlds and I look forward to reading the third book in the series to see how their relationship developed.
on 19 October 2015
Having just finished the first book in the trilogy, I immediately went on to read 'Plain Change'. All I can say is that I loved the book just as much as the first. It is not often that I can read books one after the other so soon when it's in a series, but on this occasion I couldn't wait. I was sad towards the end when Amanda decided to stay at the farm to help her family in time of need (I can understand her reasons), so I'm hoping that there is a happy ever after in the third book 'Plain Again' which I am going to start reading later today.

I received a copy of this book via Netgalley and this is my honest review.
on 3 April 2014
I love these books ,on. Vilelance ,,and as a Christian I admire these people ,and they way they care for each other,
Also the story are so good I find it hard to put the kindal down .

Also it tells about the feelings of the more modern times we are living in ,and chose s they had to make
on 26 April 2014
Excellent throughout! these three books are well worth reading. As i said in my review of the first one the characters are full of life, Passion (again NOT the seedy sort) and drama
on 23 February 2014
I have been reading the series of The Plain Fame Trilogy and have really enjoyed them. The story line is excellent and I am looking forward to the next book in the series.
on 26 July 2013
I love the way this book an previous books by Sarah Price flow they have kept me riveted and definitely wanting more on the same Amish ways of life x keep them coming x