on 23 May 2014
As the other reviews have said, this trilogy is definitely gripping and had me going to bed late most nights! As with all good stories, there were moments when the story would twist and turn and you would wonder how on earth things were going to work out- all to keep your interest until the end. My only slight disappointment from a christian perspective was that Amanda's sister's question "where is God in your life now?" never really got a satisfactory answer... save that it challenged Amanda who admitted to herself that she had put supporting Alejandro over obeying God's will.... I would have liked to have seen her find a way to do both. There are plenty of devoted and fervent (not fanatical) christians outside of Amish culture, it would have been nice to have had at least one such character being introduced to Amanda's new life and even Alejandro's.... That gripe aside, it is a lovely love story.
I just wanted to add a footnote to this- I went on to read another christian novel by a different author after this, but so effectively engaging are Sarah's characters that I found myself wishing I was reading more about Amanda and Alejandro rather than the characters in the new book- which says it all really!!
on 9 December 2013
Once again I have laughed and cried and felt an array of different emotions as I travelled the final journey of this wonderful trilogy. The roller coster of Alejandro's world and the contrast of the peacefulness of Amanda's world at times made me wonder if it would be possible for their relationship to last. Sarah Price is an amazing author and dealt with challenging topics throughout the story in a thought provoking way. God has a plan for everyone we just need to trust Him to guide us. Fantastic book again Sarah thank you for sharing your writing gift with us all.
on 1 December 2013
Have just finished the the third book of the trilogy and have enjoyed every minute. This last of the three kept me up reading till almost 4am today. The story of "Viper and Amanda" is a beautiful love story with twist and turns bringing the two worlds together. Thank you Sarah Price. You have a precious gift that as readers we are lucky to share.Plain Fame (The Plain Fame Trilogy)Plain Again (The Plain Fame Trilogy)Plain Change (The Plain Fame Trilogy)
on 26 April 2014
The last of the plain trilogy books I relly wish there was more to come. These books kept me wanting more after each one I could hardly wait for the next in the trilogy. I would love to know more about the lives of the Viper and his family. Please will there be more?
on 24 October 2015
It is very unusual for me to read two books straight off in a trilogy without having a break, but this is the first time that I have read three in succession. That sums up as to how much I really enjoyed reading about Amanda and Viper and it was a shame when I came to the end.

I rarely write what a story is about for fear of spoiling for others. All I will say is that I shall certainly be reading more novels by Sarah Price. Highly recommended to all who enjoy Amish fiction.

I received an electronic copy via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
on 16 August 2014
If only the series was never ending. I loved the Plain Fame trilogy, I just couldn't put it down. I'm just so sad that it has come to the end. If there's a woman in the world who's read these and doesn't want to marry Alejandro (or let's face it, Pitbull) then there's something really wrong! Brilliant stuff!!
on 11 July 2014
I loved the whole series of these books but this one finishes.them pall of nicely I liked this book because I have read a few kinda Amish books before and I enjoyed them but I always wanted a bit more this book gave me that I would recommend this book to people who are 12+ because there are a free more mature parts to this book that might not be that suitable to some one who was younger than 12+ also just to finish if you have read these books I highly recommend the rose trilogy by beverly Lewis the first book is called the thorn it is another Amish book with a bit of a twist.
on 17 October 2015
I don't often write reviews, but having just read the 3rd book in this series, I felt I must just say, how brilliant these books are. They take you through so many emotions. The love between Amanda and Alejandro, is so special and engaging, I just couldn't put the books down. All three books in this series are an excellent read. I would highly recommend them to anyone.
on 4 April 2014
I loved this trilogy, it was the first time I had read Sarah Price and was hooked from the first book until I had completed all 3 books. I would recommend these books especially if you are interested in reading about the Amish community.
on 7 December 2013
Wow, another good and enjoyable book. Highly Will recommend this book. Well written Sarah Price. I wish there was more to come. Flora. UK reader