on 11 August 2006
I loved this book. Having read Eleni I needed to know more and was delighted to find that Nick Gage had written a book about the life he and his family enjoyed in the US. I have just read North of Ithaka written by his daughter, Its a great trilogy, and now I want more!
on 10 May 2007
I read Eleni some years back, was haunted by it everafter, and had always wanted to know what had happened to Nick and his sisters. I have also travelled to Lia a few times, seen the old house in ruins and then more recently rebuilt under the supervision of his daughter (also Eleni) and was delighted to find her account of this process in North of Ithaca. A Place for Us fits in between these 2 books and is one of the best reads ever, I did not want to finish it, I feel I know the family. And, as Nick grew to love his father, so did I.
on 24 February 2011
love love love this book!!!!!!
really interested in the follow up to the Gage family saga(after reading Eleni a few years ago.saw this book and purchased it.
could NOT put it down...AMAZING.
would recomend it to everyone.