- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
Place Promised in Our Early Days / Voices of a Distant Star - Twin Pack Standard Blu-Ray
|Additional Blu-ray options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
(Jul 30, 2018)
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
The Place Promised in Our Early Days
Hiroki, Takuya and Sayuri are two young boys and a girl living in Aomori, the closest province in Honshu to Hokkaido. These three young classmates become fascinated by the gigantic yet mysterious tower that they see across the Tsugaru Strait, promising that one day they will build and fly an aircraft to the tower and unravel its mystery.
Voices of a Distant Star
A young pilot named Mikako volunteers to be sent on a journey through space to join the fight against a hostile alien race. Leaving behind the man she loves, her only means of contact with him is via text message, which take longer to reach him the further she travels from Earth.
Contains both films on Blu-Ray with both the English dub and the original Japanese track with English subtitles.
- Voices of a Distant Star: She and Her Cat short film
- Voices of a Distant Star: Alternative Japanese Audio (featuring Makoto Shinkai)
- Voices of a Distant Star: Interview with Makoto Shinkai
- Voices of a Distant Star: Storyboards
- Voices of a Distant Star: Trailer Collection
- Place Promised in Our Early Days: Interview with Masato Hagiwara
- Place Promised in Our Early Days: Interview with Hidetaka Yoshioka
- Place Promised in Our Early Days: Interview with Makoto Shinkai
- Place Promised in Our Early Days: Trailer Collection
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Place Promised in Our Early Days
This is a long, interesting film set in a parallel world where north and south Japan were created at the end of WW2 (think like Korea) and about the steady drive to war focusing on three protagonists. The film is stunning beautiful and thoughtful but...its not quite there. The story gets confused between the large conflict driven story and the character driven story and the long running length is a hindrance rather then a help. Its still a great movie mind, just requires maybe a second watch to take it all in.
Voices of a Distant Star
A perfect 20(ish) minute movie. Originally entirely made by the director on his own PC with generic PC kit and him and his wife doing all the voices this is simply amazing. I maintain this is one of the finest short films (especially in the SciFi sector) ever made and brought this set to have this on blue ray. Enjoy it, its special.