Piz Buin Mountain Sun/Lip Protector with SPF 50
|Price:||£9.64 (£24.10 / 100 ml) & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we dispatch the item.
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Mountain sun protector + Lip protector SPF50 from the brand Piz Buin
- Mountain sun protector + Lip protector SPF50 para Unisex
- An original and exclusive product form the brand Piz Buin
- Mountain sun protector + Lip protector SPF50 by the brand Piz Buin for Unisex - Ref. CPB02701
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Mountain sun protector + Lip protector SPF50 by the original and exclusive brand Piz Buin for Unisex - Ref. CPB02701 - 22.3ml - Skin Care - No Minimum Age - A selection of the best beauty products available online - Skin Care - Sun Care - 1 Unit
1x Mountain sun protector + Lip protector SPF50
From the manufacturer
PIZ BUIN MOUNTAIN SUNCREAM + LIPSTICK SPF 50+
This sweat and water resistant sun cream is specifically designed to protect your exposed skin from unforgiving high altitude sun, cold and wind. The lipstick protects your lips from the harmful effects of UVA/UVB exposure and provides intense moisturisation. The convenient sun cream + lipstick combi is designed with winter sports in mind. It fits easily into your pocket and can be applied whenever you need it.
Directions: Apply generously and evenly before sun exposure. A reduced quantity lowers the protection level significantly. Reapply frequently, especially after sweating, swimming or toweling. Avoid midday sun and staying too long in the sun even while using sunscreen. Keep babies and children out of direct sunlight.
Why does the skin need special care in high altitude conditions?
For every 1,000 m you climb, the sun's rays grow in intensity by up to 12 per cent.
Fresh snow reflects five times more UV radiation than dry beach sand.
Up to 80 per cent of solar radiation can penetrate light cloud cover.
Cold, wind and dry air can decrease the hydration level of the skin by 13 per cent.
PIZ BUIN MOUNTAIN - High Altitude Protection
Still using your summer sun protection in the mountains? High altitude conditions call for special protection. The PIZ BUIN MOUNTAIN range has been specially designed for high altitude conditions. All products* feature an innovative formulation combining advanced UVA/UVB sun filters and an extract of Edelweiss that helps to protect your skin from the sun and long-term skin damage. Enriched with a Cold Shield Complex, all products* provide long-lasting moisturisation, protecting the skin from extreme cold and wind. PIZ BUIN MOUNTAIN offers special protection for high altitude sun, cold and wind conditions.
* Except for the lipstick
Cold Shield Complex
The Cold Shield Complex helps to provide long lasting moisturisation, protecting the skin from extreme wind and cold. It contains: shea butter, trehalose and glycerin.
Shea butter is originally derived from the shea nut tree, which grows in Western Africa. It has been used for centuries to moisturise and protect skin from the effects of sun, wind, heat and salt water. It is also widely used in cosmetics because of its nourishing, moisturising and protective properties.
Trehalose is a naturally occurring disaccharide and exists in a wide variety of daily foods and animals. It is considered to protect living organisms from hostile environmental conditions like extreme cold.
Known as the 'White Star of the Glacier', it has a strong natural defence system that enables it to survive the intense sunlight and extreme cold and wind common to alpine environments. The Edelweiss extract helps to neutralise free radicals generated in the skin*, helping it maintain its defences against UV radiation.
*In Vitro Test
Glycerine attracts water and holds it in the skin to help maintain a good hydration level.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
It's a nice size for skiing. Not too heavy, nor bulky in a non leaky tube.
It simply went in my pocket when we went skiing.
I think with most lotions you will attempt to avoid the casper the ghost look. Some are much better than others. Fortunately this rubs in easily and effectively. It provides a good barrier
It's a rather nice fine sunscreen. Light, not to heavy or drying.
Some sunscreens are awful or their smell is sort of chemical or unpleasant. This smells quite nice.
As it's also for the lips if it's awful you'd soon know. It's not delicious but it's not too bad.
Effective sun lotion
A nice, light lotion
None so far
A handy sized sun lotion which is very effective.
This has a high 50+ SPF and is UVA and UVB protective. It is designed to protect lips in the sun, cold and wind and to give high altitude protection (so ideal for skiing or climbing). This is a small tube, designed like a lipstick. It has a lovely, vanilla smell and is ideal for both the skin on your face, as well as your lips. Extremely protective, it will fit into a small pocket and protect you from the wind, sun and cold.
Piz Buin are sun care specialists and this is an interesting duo product - though I did not realise it was too separate products until I'd puzzled over why there were two separate ingredients list. Then light dawned: in the cap, there's a solid lip balm and, underneath the second cap (which looks like the ribbed neck of the tube) suntan lotion can be squeezed out. There is no indication of this on the box or tube (apart from the two ingredients list in miniscule font), which just looks like a regular tube, so this is a packaging fail.
The two products are aimed at protecting the face and lips from the rigours of high altitudes, sun and extreme wind and cold, with mountain climbing and snow sports in mind. The lip balm is a lovely product, though the suntan lotion smells highly perfumed but again has good sun protection and moisturisation.
=== THINGS I LIKE ABOUT THIS PRODUCT ===
* The lip balm has a light, pleasant aroma and taste of cocoa butter
* The lip balm feels beautifully moisturising on the lips and, in advance of a snow holiday, seems to be working well to relieve the persistent chapping I've been experiencing for the past few weeks
* Top level of protection against sun burn (SPF 50+ UVB protection) and good protection against long-term skin damage (3 star UVA protection)
=== NIGGLES ===
* When first opening up the product, it is not clear exactly what the format is. At first, given the firm dome shape exposed when you take off the cap and the fact it is attached to a tube, I thought this must be a plastic domed end with a hole in it through which liquid lip protector would be squeezed. But no! It's actually a solid dome of lip salve, as I discovered when I squeezed it with my fingers. Later on, I realised what I had thought was the neck of the tube was a second cap and that the tube contained separate suntan lotion. I had been wondering how more of the solid lip balm was going to come out of that tube!
* I had to use a magnifying glass in order to be able to read the writing on the back of the tube; it really is very tiny indeed. There are two ingredients list in the tiniest of fonts and, of the headline ingredients glycerine, shea butter, trehalose and edelweiss, it's unclear in what proportions they are present nor what the other ingredients are.
* Like every other cosmetic skincare product, there's a certain amount of marketing hype around headline ingredients (things like mountain flower eidelweiss) (happily, since these aren't included in the online listing or readable on the box or tube, they can be easily ignored)
=== INGREDIENTS ===
For sale at the time of writing this review at £9.64.
Its easy to fit in your bag or better yet a pocket, however at first I couldn't understand why the cap was so large. It turns out there is both a solid lip balm to rub over your lips to protect against drying out and a liquid sunscreen which can be squeezed out if you remove the balm head (can be done while attached to the cap still so you aren't left with too many things in your hands. Weren't any instructions on the box, and didn't realise this from the amazon page before I ordered either!
The balm is soft and smells nice, filled with shea butter. Easy to apply like a lipstick. The sunscreen is quite neutral smelling, readily absorbed into your skin and lips. It doesn't taste great though, so try to avoid licking lips or getting this in your mouth! I'm not sure how well balanced the too are in terms of quantity, I'll almost certainly run out of one before the other but hopefully not to much earlier (always a risk with dual use products).
Overall, for this price, I'm very satisfied. Its great to have to products in one, perfect for space saving.
Most recent customer reviews
Only given 4* because for skiing I prefer a sun cream with which I can attach using a lanyard.
Perfect for skiing, cycling, running, walking, you name it.Read more