- Also check our best rated Camera reviews
Other Sellers on Amazon
Pixel Oppilas RW-221/DC2 Wireless Shutter Release for Nikon - Multi-Colour
|Price:||£20.36 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£5.63 (22%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Compatible with Nikon D3100, D3200, D5000, D5100, D5200, D600, D7000, D7100, D90
- Support autofocus, single shooting, continuous shooting, delayed shooting and bulb shooting functions
- Half press to autofocus camera and full press to take picture wirelessly
- Interchangeable cable design to allow you to use it on different brand cameras
- Reduce camera shake and allows you to trigger your camera wirelessly up to 100 metres
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Size Name: RW-221/DC2
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
This product is subject to specific safety warnings
The Pixel RW-221/DC2 Wireless Shutter Release can be used to wirelessly trigger your Nikon camera from up to 100 meters away. The receiver is equipped with a standard female thread on the bottom, which allows you to place it on top of a light stand next to your camera. Alternatively, the universal hotshoe connection allows you to place the receiver on top of your camera. The transmitter is capable of triggering multiple receivers. This way you can trigger multiple cameras with just one transmitter. The RW-221/DC2 Wireless Shutter Release is suitable for the following cameras: Nikon: DSLR D7100, D7000, D5300, D5200, D5100, D5000, D3300, D3200, D3100, D750, D610, D600, D7100/D7000, D5500, D5100, D5000, D3100, D90, D3200, D600 The RW-221/DC2 can be used with various other cameras through the use of a connection cable. Such connection cables can be found in the optional accessories tab below or alternatively, you can find the cable suitable for your camera here:
1 x Pixel Shutter Release Wireless RW-221/DC2 Oppilas for Nikon
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
I use a Canon 5D MkIII so bought the RW-221/N3 version.
Straight out of the box it functions perfectly even with the control button well hidden from the camera and allowing operation from a good distance. I tried it out in bright light - where the Hahnel fails and had 100% success in all tests
A few notes on the different functions:
Firstly, the switch movement between the four functions is quite small and not obvious so do check that you are using the correct one before you start any serious shooting.
- Single shoot works as you would expect with your Camera in One Shot mode
- 1S Continuous Shoot. Leave your camera on One Shot mode and it will take one shot per second for as long as you hold the controller button down.
- High Speed Continuous Shoot. This the same setting on the controller but you must change your camera to High Speed Continuos mode. This was the most disappointing setting as whatever ISO and Shutter Speed setting I used I could only get 2 shots each time. Yes they were high speed but I might have wanted more than two shots. My camera shoots at 5-6 per second normally.
- Bulb Shooting. You also need to set your camera to bulb mode. The first press of the controller will open the shutter. You don't need to hold the button down. When you want to close the shutter just press the button again.
- Delay Shooting. If you leave your camera in One Shot mode pressing the Controller will activate it's own 5 second delay. There is no sound to give you a warning that the shutter will fire you just need to count.
You could, alternatively, set your camera to it's 2 or 10 second timer and the Controller to Single Shooting for this to work with the camera countdown. So, you have options beyond that described in the manual.
Two additional slight downsides:
The product description on Amazon did say that 4 AAA batteries would be included. Whilst there is a moulded space in the packaging I did not receive any batteries. Might have just been my misfortune.
Secondly, the controller does not have an Off Switch. It just goes to sleep after a period. This may not work for me as I plan to keep the kit in my bag. I might therefore accidentally wake it and use up the battery. I will need to see if this is a problem requiring me to remove the batteries after each use.
On the plus side, the kit is small, sleek and light. The receiver fits nicely in your hotshoe or will safely hang if you are using on camera flash or flash controller.
Overall. A great little gadget for the reasonable cost. None of the mentioned downsides actually cause me a problem at the moment so I really love this little device..
right way round as it is not reversible. The double pole straight mini jack plugs into the remote module-
The triple pole right angle mini jack plugs into the camera.
LOL I left it on the floor when setting up the scene for photo and my dog put her foot on it and took a photo of my bum LOL - that one did not go on public view.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews