Pity For The Lonely: the Ko Ko Singles Vol.1
|Price:||£16.87 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
AutoRip is available only for eligible CDs and vinyl sold by Amazon EU Sarl (but does not apply to gift orders or PrimeNow orders). See Terms and Conditions for full details, including costs which may apply for the MP3 version in case of order returns or cancellations.
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we dispatch the item.
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
* This is the first of two volumes that will eventually reissue all of this extremely important Southern soul artist's singles for the Ko Ko label, originally released between 1967 and 1978.
* Luther Ingram, who died just a few weeks ago, has never been properly represented on CD before now, apart from a few inconclusive "Greatest Hits" sets. This is an oversight that Ace/Kent is now beginning to correct, with more to come before the year is over.
* This volume features all the hits that lead up to Ingram's multi-platinum success with the original hit version of `(If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want to Be Right' in 1972 - to be featured on volume two. Highlights of this package include `Ain't That Lovin' You' (# 6 R & B/# 45 Pop) and the original version of `My Honey And Me' (# 19 R & B/ # 55 Pop).
* Packaging includes label shots of every one of the featured recordings, plus rare and unpublished photographs of this soul giant.
* All of native Tennessean Ingram's recordings were made either in Memphis or Muscle Shoals, which means that this is soul music of the highest order.
Top Customer Reviews
Released July 2007 - Ace/Kent Soul CDKEND 279 (Barcode 029667227926) breaks down as follows - all USA 7" singles unless otherwise noted (60:08 minutes):
1. You've Got To Give Love To Get Love
2. I Can't Stop (Version 1)
The A&B-sides of Ko Ko Records 101, 1968, both tracks by Luther Ingram
3. Missing You (Version 1)
4. Since You Don't Want Me (Version 1)
The A&B-sides of Ko Ko Records 103, 1968, both tracks by Luther Ingram and Leslie McFarland)
5. Oh Baby, You Can Depend On Me
6. Looking For A New Love
The A&B-sides of Ko Ko Records 2101, November 1968, A-side by Luther Ingram, B-side a co-write with Leslie McFarland
7. Pity For The Lonely
Using "Looking For A New Love" as the B-side (see 6) - the A&B-sides of Ko Ko Records KOA-2102, May 1969, A-side by Dorian Burton and Gertrude Jones
8. Puttin' Down Game
9. Since You Don't Want Me (Version 2)
The A&B-sides of Ko Ko Records KAO-2103, September 1969. "Puttin' Down Game" (written by Stacy Johnson) was also issued as his first 45 in the UK on Stax Records STAX 142 in February 1970 but with (10) "My Honey And Me" as it's A-side. "Since You Don't Want Me (Version 2)" also turned up as the USA B-side to "Be Good To Me Baby" on Ko Ko Records KOA-2107 in 1971.
10.Read more ›