• Pilot

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 November 2012
While it's combination of almost surreal humor and real emotion can sometimes be... well... awkward, this is still among the
better and more honest series about teenagers I've seen.

I'm a male over 50, so I'm certainly not the target audience for this MTV show about a blogging 15 year old girl dealing with
the confusions and absurdities of sex, love, high school social politics, and well meaning but humorously dysfunctional parents
and guidance counselors.

But after friends recommended it I started watching and found I appreciated it's frankness, quirky characters and good natured humor.
I also liked how it dealt with issues like sex and drinking as simply a part of teenage life, neither preaching morality (kids have sex and
no one gets pregnant, they know to wear condoms, and they do sometimes get their hearts broken) nor striving to shock.

The acting is all over the place, often cartoony, and a number of characters are little more than comic clichés, but as the the show goes
along a surprising number of them reveal new sides and new depth. If not quite great, Awkward season 1 is quite good and very easy
to enjoy... if you don't mind bringing back some of your own awkward memories as you realize the teen years really aren't so different now.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 5 April 2016
If you like slightly more adult-themed teenage romantic-comedy-dramas, you'll probably like Awkward. It's funny, light and interesting, and the characters are likeable (aside from the deliberate mean girl who is caraicaturishly OTT mean). The story is suitably full of enough romantic turmoil and teenage angst to keep you wanting to see how everything will turn out for all the characters.

The only annoying thing about watching this here on Amazon Prime was that 15+ rated words are bleeped out whenever they're used and even middle fingers are blurred out. It kinda gets in the way of the natural flow but I guess it's not that bad. I still found this whole Season 1 enjoyable and ended up easily binge-watching the whole thing in one day!
on 31 October 2014
wasn't sure if I was going to like this series but I thought id give it a try and did actually quite enjoy it.
if your looking for a series that's got humour, trouble and embarrassing parents then this is the one for you.
a general all around good series.
on 17 August 2014
Came across this on Amazon Prime and found once I watched the first episode I wanted to watch the rest of the Season. The characters are robustly fun (not at all realistic of course). The arc of the season is highly predictable but I do not feel that detracts from the program, its strengths are in the likeability of the characters and the puns and witticisms along the way. The ensemble humour reminds me quite a lot of Buffy.
on 27 August 2015
Funny, charming and fun. I quite enjoyed this, but it was somewhat ruined by amazons insistent need to beep out swear words / rude bits.
on 28 November 2014
love this show its hilariously funny and got great story lines.
i want to know if i can get this and be able to play it on my bluray player in the uk >>>>?????
can somebody let me know so i can buy it. also want to get season 2 and 3
on 17 June 2014
very funny but when it comes to the swearing or adult bits, amazon cut it out, that is why it got a 3 star. but the most annoying thing is that it keeps crashing
on 24 August 2014
Enjoyed the first episode but why is the swearing muted out? bit silly really, I am an adult I sure I can handle it! That is why I only gave 3 stars.
on 14 April 2013
The dvd box was shipped to me really fast and with no problems at all.

The dvd box is all new and it is a great series so I was really glad to receive the package.

I was always able to track my order.
on 5 August 2014
absolutely love this programme, disappointed cant get season two yet