• Pilot
  • Customer reviews

on 5 September 2017
I began watching this show online a while back and fell in love with it. This is the second time round I've began watching it again, and I see why I fell in love with it in the first place.

There isn't really another show like it, with fantastic voice overs alongside Jenna's facial expressions, it really gives the impression of her inner thoughts being shared with the audience- but not the other characters. Each character gets to express their own story as well as have interactions with one another, and the actors are superb. Each episode is around 20 minutes long, so you'll get through a season in no time. The writers come up with interesting plots and the relationships between characters get you pining for individuals to get together or break up.

Watch this if you love a good teen drama-comedy, within a school setting with relatable high school issues and problems. The only thing I would mention as being the negative side, is that the constant Matty and Jenna relationship (Will they or won't they...) did get rather tedious as it lasted for 5 seasons; I think sometimes this 'will they or won't they' saga gets dragged on for way too long in these sort of shows. But anyway, Awkward is deffo worth the watch, 100%.
on 19 June 2017
I have just finished binge watching this,
I am in the UK...No sky so no MTV , thank goodness for amazon!
I love it, And am was disappointed there will be more! Why make something so good, get people hooked then stop!!
I love all the characters, despite some of their horrible story lines, you can't help love them. And even though I am now 32 and college isn't as fun over here (guess it's the Uni's over here that have the party life styles) so much that happened within the series reminded me of being at school! I want more
on 27 June 2017
Just binge watched all the seasons, and loved it. It was funny, and covered as huge range of topics regarding growing up. The main character was engaging and I actually liked her, and enjoyed the journey with her. In fact all the characters were likeable, even Sadie. I am probably not the target demographic (over 40, 3 kids, British). Am kind of sad its finished, though thankfully, they completed the story, and didn't leave it open ended.
on 10 November 2012
While it's combination of almost surreal humor and real emotion can sometimes be... well... awkward, this is still among the
better and more honest series about teenagers I've seen.

I'm a male over 50, so I'm certainly not the target audience for this MTV show about a blogging 15 year old girl dealing with
the confusions and absurdities of sex, love, high school social politics, and well meaning but humorously dysfunctional parents
and guidance counselors.

But after friends recommended it I started watching and found I appreciated it's frankness, quirky characters and good natured humor.
I also liked how it dealt with issues like sex and drinking as simply a part of teenage life, neither preaching morality (kids have sex and
no one gets pregnant, they know to wear condoms, and they do sometimes get their hearts broken) nor striving to shock.

The acting is all over the place, often cartoony, and a number of characters are little more than comic clichés, but as the the show goes
along a surprising number of them reveal new sides and new depth. If not quite great, Awkward season 1 is quite good and very easy
to enjoy... if you don't mind bringing back some of your own awkward memories as you realize the teen years really aren't so different now.
on 27 August 2015
Funny, charming and fun. I quite enjoyed this, but it was somewhat ruined by amazons insistent need to beep out swear words / rude bits.
on 31 October 2014
wasn't sure if I was going to like this series but I thought id give it a try and did actually quite enjoy it.
if your looking for a series that's got humour, trouble and embarrassing parents then this is the one for you.
a general all around good series.
on 5 April 2016
If you like slightly more adult-themed teenage romantic-comedy-dramas, you'll probably like Awkward. It's funny, light and interesting, and the characters are likeable (aside from the deliberate mean girl who is caraicaturishly OTT mean). The story is suitably full of enough romantic turmoil and teenage angst to keep you wanting to see how everything will turn out for all the characters.

The only annoying thing about watching this here on Amazon Prime was that 15+ rated words are bleeped out whenever they're used and even middle fingers are blurred out. It kinda gets in the way of the natural flow but I guess it's not that bad. I still found this whole Season 1 enjoyable and ended up easily binge-watching the whole thing in one day!
on 16 September 2016
You know I just can't believe how good the script is at times. So clever, so witty and, that thing that so rarely occurs; surprising! It's very rare a laugh at comedy, it has to be either very innovative, or create a feeling of depth with the characters which surpasses the screen/real life impasse. This fits the former and I will be looking up the writers! Oh the characters are very easy to warm to though too. :-)
on 5 August 2014
absolutely love this programme, disappointed cant get season two yet
on 28 November 2014
love this show its hilariously funny and got great story lines.
i want to know if i can get this and be able to play it on my bluray player in the uk >>>>?????
can somebody let me know so i can buy it. also want to get season 2 and 3