- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Also check our best rated Fitness DVD reviews
Pilates Body Control [DVD]
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Pilates will help lengthen, strengthen, tone & condition your body. Pilates uses subtle, slow controlled movement yet achieves dynamic results. From back pain and poor posture to targeting the areas that most people are concered about - stomach, buttocks, thighs and arms - Pilates will enable you to achieve your desired goal.
This 90-minute Pilates-based workout, based on the book Body Control The Pilates Way With Lynne Robinson, strengthens muscles while improving posture and flexibility, "building strength from within". Lynne Robinson is a mature instructor whose instructions are clear and visual: "Imagine that from your knee to your hip joint is a wooden spoon, and your hip is a bowl of porridge, and you're stirring the spoon in the porridge". This is a thorough and clear introduction to Pilates, though you won't master it in a hurry. Section 1, a 10-minute introduction to body alignment, shows you how to do the key postural positions with correct technique before you start the workout. Section 2 (25 minutes) is your "daily warm-up," designed to stretch and strengthen the whole body, starting with breathing and alignment techniques and advancing into slow, controlled movements that target the core muscles and work various body parts independently, all done lying down. Props needed include a scarf, pillow and tennis ball. In Section 3 (45 minutes), you work various muscles in isolation from a standing, lying-down or sitting position. The exercises look deceptively simple--such as twisting at the waist while holding a pole on your shoulders or doing the familiar curl-up--but the alignment challenges for doing each movement correctly are considerable. Section 4 is a cool-down and relaxation. --Joan Price, Amazon.com --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.