Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 May 2013
I purchased this for my 3 year old son and have never actually seen the film. I loved it for one purpose only and that was that it continuously references A.A. Milne stories, rather than a Disney generated story. Piglet goes missing and they use his memory book of drawings to try to locate him. When they go through the memory book they discover what a little hero Piglet is and have flashbacks to the stories that A.A.Milne wrote. Lovely Winnie the Pooh Film. Probably my favourite of the lot thus far!
on 7 March 2017
daughter love it
on 24 March 2017
Lovely film x
on 24 September 2004
I'm not a big fan of the Disney corporation but I have to say they have kept extremely faithful to the spirit of AA Milne's books in this film - a very nice story revolving around the calmest of the Pooh gang.
What's particularly good is the emphasis in the story on Piglet's low-key decency and common sense and how nobody ever listens to him - preferring to go along with the others' madcap schemes. It's good that young viewers are occasionally seeing that it's not always best to be carried along with the crowd!
Aside from that, this is one of the few films for little children that I can actually sit and watch with my daughter for a while. It's very charmingly done, which means it can be viewed again and again and has some of the best songs I've heard in any children's film for ages.
on 21 November 2013
Have purchased other related Winnie Pooh & friends dvds and so bit dissappointed in this story, Similar to some others and did not hold grand daughters attention as others have.
on 21 September 2004
My daughter is 15 months old and she absolutely loves this movie. It's sweet, the songs are nice and the moral's good - even if you're very small (like a little sister) you can still be a big help. I personally like this movie better than the Tigger one, it's less bouncy and has more of the original book's low-key, mellow feeling.
on 10 September 2003
This one is quite a gentle movie, and this matches Piglet's personality. Quite different to Tigger's 2000 movie. Both movies are special and feel like masterpieces. Both easily entertain 2 & 3 year old's for the duration of the film. There is an interlude part of the piglet film that seems to celebrate the artwork skills similar to the "uncle tiggers" sketch from Tigger's movie. The Piglet one is much better
My toddler son has decided that he absolutely LOVES Winnie the Pooh after he was bought the Winnie the Pooh DVD for his Birthday by a family member which turned out to be a blessing on a recent trip away with a long drive as it kept him amused watching it on the DVD player in the car. So when we recently went away on a trip needing another long drive I knew we needed to get another DVD to keep him amused instead of having the Winnie the Pooh movie on repeat driving me a bit nuts listening to it over and over again in the car and the hotel!
My son has been laughing out loud at this movie which sees Pooh, Tigger, Rabbit and Eeyore realising how important and helpful Piglet is after previously dismissing his help on a honey gathering scheme for him being too little. Piglet goes missing and they look through Piglet's memory book to find him which also helps them remember all of the times where Piglet has helped them and how helpful for a little person Piglet really is. I loved eeyore announcing in his ever droneful voice about the new bee hive for the bees to go to so Pooh and the rest could rob the honey out of the current one and to hear my son laughing out loud at lots of parts in the film.
A brilliant little film which has also recently been on the Disney channel but has been perfect on our recent trip away.
on 19 February 2005
I am 14 years old and I used to love winnie the pooh (Well I still do.) This is a heartwarming optomistic tale but instead of the main charachter being pooh or tigger, it is Piglet. This is possibly the best children's movie ever made. Also, great music video at the end.
on 5 September 2015
"I really liked this movie. I thought it was very nice because all the animals helped each other. My three year old sister fell asleep. The adventures were exciting. I am five years old and it was perfect for me to watch". A (aged 5)