- Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; 1 edition (13 Sept. 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0471715573
- ISBN-13: 978-0471715573
- Product Dimensions: 15.5 x 1.8 x 23.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 919,692 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Pick Me: Breaking into Advertising and Staying There (Adweek Book) Paperback – 13 Sep 2005
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Advertising is a fantastic industry, but actually getting a job (or even your foot in the door) can seem next to impossible. Whether you′re a student or a young professional loaded with questions, this one–of–a–kind guide shows you how to land a job and how to thrive once you′re in and the pressure is on.
Authors Nancy Vonk and Janet Kestin are seasoned creative directors and longtime creative partners. In Pick Me, these industry leaders answer your toughest ad career questions, like:
- Is advertising right for me?
- How do I build a killer portfolio?
- How do I get an interview with the elusive creative director?
- Should I accept an unpaid internship?
- How do I find the right partner?
- How do I beat creative block?
- How do I avoid burnout?
Plus, fourteen industry superstars share their insights and explain how they broke into the business. You′ll hear from Bob Barrie, Rick Boyko, David Droga, Mark Fenske, Neil French, Sally Hogshead, Mike Hughes, Shane Hutton, Brian Millar, Tom Monahan, Chuck Porter, Bob Scarpelli, Chris Staples, and Lorraine Tao.
Forget the clichés, this is advertising as it really is. If you′re hell–bent on making it, this informative guide will put you on track for a career in one of the most exciting businesses on the planet.
About the Author
NANCY VONK and JANET KESTIN are co–Chief Creative Officers at Ogilvy & Mather, Toronto. They′ve won many industry awards, including Cannes Lions, One Show Pencils, and Clios. They′ve judged these shows, CA, and many others. They are also coauthors of the popular "Ask Jancy" column at ihaveanidea.org, a premier site for advertising students and young creatives.