Format: Paperback|Change

As my daughter has just passed her Grade 1 piano exam, I was unwilling for her to immediately begin learning Grade 2 pieces. Looking for something to bridge the gap, I came across this - “Up-Grade!” a book which offers a little, ‘light relief between grades.’ This book contains 15 pieces, in a variety of styles, pitched at Grade 1 to 2 standard, with a little challenge thrown in to extend your child. This book gives a nice break between plunging into the Grade 2 syllabus, while also teaching some new skills, which will help them once they do embark on Grade 2.
on 13 September 2013
Was asked to get this to bridge the gap between grades 1 and 2. A selection of pieces in different styles which are nice to play, and include some of the skills needed for grade to like the chromatic scale, but making it fun within a piece.

Would recommend this to others.
on 11 May 2013
As a Piano Teacher, I am very impressed with books for pupils of all ages from Pam Wedgwood. She composes very interesting, appealing music dealing with aspects of technique. These are much enjoyed by pupils.
on 11 February 2016
This is not the pop version - in case you are wanting that one! Author is good, so no doubt some good pieces. But our piano teacher has recommended the RED covered "Upgrade Pop" which will go down better for an 11-going on 14 year old girl!
on 20 April 2016
This book would have been better for me if it had been 0-1 Up-Grade but I thought after going through Adult Stage 1 Book that this would have been fine for me but I was jumping the gun a little. It may be ok for me at a later stage.
on 27 June 2016
I personally feel that any piano student could not fail to be completely inspired by Pam Wedgewood's excellent repertoire of piano books. They are of a consistently high standard and make piano learning so much fun. This book is no exception and continues with her unique trend.
on 27 July 2012
I bought this book for my son, aged 11, immediately following his grade 1 success. The pieces are in a wide range of styles, from classical to jazz and blues, with titles ranging from the traditional (and very familiar) 'Tarantella' to the comical 'Cantankerous Camel'. The pupil's hands have to start moving around the piano within a piece, which moves them closer to the demands of Grade 2. Some of the pieces are also longer than 1 page, which again is a move on from Grade 1. I would suggest that there are pieces to be found in this book to suit every pupils' tastes and provide them with light relief before they embark on the rigours of Grade 2.
on 31 May 2013
Again bought on the recommendation of our piano teacher some really fun pieces for children to learn and have fun with.
on 28 March 2015
Really pleased with this - some lovely tunes, different genres and not too difficult. I think I've enjoyed playing these more than my daughter! A winner!
on 28 January 2013
I have to listen to all the practising my daughter does on the piano and when you get home from work, sometimes the last thing you want to hear is a plink, plink, and out of tune plonk on the piano.

But apart from that, it's a very useful book for my daughter as she is taking her Grade 2. Good value and arrived really quickly.