The Physics of Information Technology (Cambridge Series on Information and the Natural Sciences) Hardcover – 16 Oct 2000
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Review of the hardback: 'Gershenfeld's book will be valuable for physical scientists looking for an enjoyable introduction to the information sciences.' Science
Review of the hardback: 'The book is attractive for its presentation bringing together in a skillful way fundamentals of physics and technological devices … this book is very recommended for teaching the basics of electrical engineering and the simultaneous breath of coverage and conciseness is quite amazing.' Zentralblatt für Mathematik
In this companion volume to his highly successful Nature of Mathematical Modeling, Gershenfeld explores the devices we use to collect, transform, transmit, and interact with electronic information to help both physical and computer scientists see beyond the conventional division between hardware and software to understand implications of physical theory for information manipulation.See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electrical > Electromagnetic Theory
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Electronics & Communications Engineering > Electronics Engineering > Circuits
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Electromagnetism
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Physics > Electricity, Magnetism & Electromagnetism