2 year Breakdown & Accidental Damage Coverfrom London General Insurance Company Limited
- 2yr accidental damage cover (from purchase) and 1yr breakdown cover (starting 12 months from purchase).
- E-mail delivery of policy documents; by post on request. Cancel any time; full refund within 45 days, proportional thereafter.
- If your product cannot be repaired, you choose between a replacement or an Amazon Gift Card to the value of a replacement.
- Only covers products purchased on the same day from amazon.co.uk.
- Read the Insurance Product Information Document, other important information and policy terms and conditions before purchase by following the link(s) below and check the policy meets your needs.
Phox Alkaline Water Filter Jug | 5 Stage Filtration Process | Added Electrolytes for Optimum Hydration | 3.5 Litre Water Filter Jug | 350L of Alkaline Water per Filter
- 💧-HYDRATION- Added electrolytes leading to tasty Alkaline water. Let your water work harder. Comes with a filter which has an average life span of 350L
- 😅-REMOVES NASTIES- Our Water Filter Boasts a Five Stage Process which removes chlorine, heavy metals, contaminants and odour. All made from organic coconut shells
- 🌳-OUR ENVIRONMENT- BPA Free, Includes natural coconut shell active carbon to absorb lots of water nasties. Join us to #binthebottle. Our Phox Alkaline Water filter can save 350 plastic bottles per filter. Each filter cartridge you buy saves 28Kg of Carbon Emission compared to bottled water.
- ✅-ALKALINITY- Our added minerals and electrolytes give your water a pH level between 8 - 9.5 which is a plus for the body. Alkaline water is effective at fighting lactic acid build up. Enjoy the Anti-oxidant properties of Phox Water.
- 😛-TASTE- Drastically enhances the taste of water no matter what part of the UK you reside. Chlorine and metals in our public supply are abundant, give yourself the best excuse to drink more water easily
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Compare with similar items
Water with superpowers
Meet our five stage filtration formula with added minerals. Phox filters out common water nasties with the help of natural coconut shell carbon. Experience clean water, infused with essential minerals and anti-oxidant properties.
Never forget when to renew your filter. The 60 day timer lets you know when to renew.
Theres nothing worse than some unfiltered tap water spoiling your fresh batch of nectar. Our screw fit makes that impossible
Thumb press lid for ease of access, allowing a hassle free top up.
We are here to provide a solution to an ever increasing single-use plastic problem. Our planet is overflowing with plastic bottles, used for a matter of minutes but creating waste for centuries. Our filters turn tap water into electrolyte rich alkaline water and our bottles carry it everywhere sustainably.
Less waste, more taste.
Customers also shopped for
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Since my original review (which you can see below) I got in touch with the manufactures, Phox, to enquire about the pH level of their filtered water as I was not getting readings of pH 8-9.5. I used both pH strips and a digital pH meter reader (straight out of the box) and both sets of reading were more or the less the same (showing Phox filtered water to be around the 7/7.5 pH level).
Phox were surprised with my readings and responded that in their experience pH meters can very hard to calibrate for the first time and if it hasn’t been calibrated correctly it may be giving an erroneous reading (however in my case both the meter and strips were giving the same readings for the different water samples I was testing so assumed that they were correct). Phox sent me a bottle of pH testing reagent drops to see what kind of readings I got with the drops.
In the past week I’ve also done a bit of research online and have found that pH strips don’t always give accurate readings for purified/filtered water (as I’d imagine the same would apply to an un-calibrated pH meter):
“Litmus paper and pH test strips are designed to determine the pH of liquids such as chlorinated pools, saliva, and urine. These liquids all have minerals, salts, electrolytes, and many other substances dissolved into them. These factors affect not only pH but another important level: Total Dissolved Solids (TDS). Litmus paper and pH strips only report accurately for substances with more than 150 ppm TDS. Purified/filtered TDS levels are typically less than 30ppm, keeping it well below the ability of a pH strip to provide an accurate reading.”
When the pH testing drops arrived from Phox I used 4 drops in each of the different water samples and the results I got were as follows (see the attached picture to see that change in the colour of the water after putting the drops in):
7.4 Tap Water
6.0 Brita filtered water
8.5 Phox filtered water
8.5 Phox chilled filtered water
I’m going to have to eat humble pie and admit I got it wrong the first time. Phox water DOES change tap water into Alkaline water. It tastes so much fresher than tap water (and Brita filtered water – which I’ve been drinking for 6 years now and I’ve just realised after all these pH tests that it’s actually acidic!!!! – at around pH 6.0). I’ve been using the Phox jug for a week now (filling it twice per day on average) and am loving the taste of the fresh water. Only once (on the first day) did it get ‘stuck’ and I had to give the filter a good shake and everything’s been fine since then.
Would highly recommend Phox and only wish I’d stumbled upon them sooner.
ORIGINAL REVIEW POSTED ON 4TH DECEMBER 2018 (1 STAR *)
Phox filtered Water is not Alkaline - Does not live up to the claims of between 8.0 – 9.5 pH
I was advised to drink Alkaline water so decided on the Phox water filter jug. For the past 6 years I’ve been using a Brita filter tank at home. I drink approx 2/2.5 litres of water at home each day.
On receiving the Phox jug I decided to check the ph of the filtered water using ph strips. To my surprise they showed the same ph as my tap water (7/7.5). I thought maybe the strips are not that accurate so I ordered a digital ph tester from amazon and the next evening repeated the experiment. To my surprise the results were more or less the same.
I tested tap water, Brita filtered water, Phox filtered water and chilled Phox filtered water. I tested each water sample 4 times (and in random order) and the average is as follows:
7.17 Tap water
5.29 Brita filtered water (I was very surprised by this result –a reduction of nearly 2.0pH)
7.39 Phox filtered water
7.30 Phox chilled filtered water
My tap water has an average pH level of 7.17 and filtering it via the Phox increased it to an average of 7.39 (just over a 3% increase in pH). The claim that this can increase the pH level of your water to between 8– 9.5 (an increase of between 12% - 33% in my case) is not the case here.
I am in a hard water area and initially thought maybe this could be the reason for my poor results but then dismissed this theory as the Brita filter is able to reduce the pH of my tap water by nearly 2.0 (can't believe I've been drinking acidic water for the past 6 years!!!). So the Phox should in theory be able to live up to its claims of increasing the pH level to between 8.0 – 9.5.
Could I have a faulty/broken filter? I’ll contact the manufactures and update if there are any changes.
The initial set up takes a wee bit of time but you only have to do it once. We couldn't believe the difference in taste. Saving a fortune as we don't buy bottled anymore.