- Also check our best rated Photography Book reviews
Photoshop Lightroom 2 For Dummies Paperback – 5 Sep 2008
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
- Import, select, adjust, and showcase large quantities of digital images
- Globally adjust white balance, exposure, tone curve, sharpening, and noise reduction
- Create a slideshow, build a Web gallery, and make your own prints
IN FULL COLOR!
The secrets of Lightroom explained in plain English!
Whether you′re new to Lightroom or just want to get the most out of it, you′ve come to the right place. Discover how Lightroom′s five modules work together to improve your workflow, so you can manage data for batch processing, streamline the fine–tuning, and produce eye–popping images, prints, Web galleries, and slideshows with less hassle.
- Manage with modules organize with Library, edit with Develop, create presentations with Slideshow, use Print for a color–managed workflow, and put images online with Web
- Save time leverage the power of Lightroom′s database to manage and process images with a single tool
- Maximize the Catalog customize and optimize Lightroom′s database nerve center
- Streamline create file name templates for batch renaming and embed information with metadata templates
- Clean it up customize the interface to clear away clutter and make your workspace look just the way you want
Open the book and find:
- Solutions for setting up and managing your workflow
- Steps for automatically renaming files and adding metadata when importing
- Time–saving tips using the Quick Develop panel
- How to make adjustments and fix common problems without altering the original image data
- What the Grid, Loupe, Compare, and Survey views offer
- How simple it is to generate sophisticated online Web galleries and slide shows
About the Author
Rob Sylvan is a trainer, instructional designer, writer, Web developer, and photographer. He is a Help Desk Specialist for the National Association of Photoshop Professionals and he′s the Site Director for iStockphoto.com. Rob writes the Lightroom–focused "Under the Loupe" column for Photoshop User magazine.
Top customer reviews
When presented with an application as initially baffling as Lightroom 2, it is easy to get totally overwhelmed by the enormous number of options there are at every stage of every process. By taking a do-this-don't-do-that approach, this book enables one to start using Lightroom almost instantly.
This approach is so much better than other books which start by considering all the options in detail, leaving the reader in total confusion as what is best to do. I found this book an excellent prelude to exploring Scott Kelby's detailed book, which fills out the techniques learnt initially in the Dummies book.
Lightroom is a way of working not just another piece of software. Like other Photoshop products, there are numerous 'hidden' features that you will not find without reading the book. Generally I can find my way around a piece of software without a manual, but not with Lightroom. The organisation and understanding of the Catalogue is essential. Without this book I would have been so frustrated, I think I would have given up.
It is well written, and easy to follow.
The book isn't perfect, but it is certainly a very good introduction if you find the software confusing (I for example hadn't used anything like it before). Value for money wise, you probably won't do better if you're a beginner.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Beginners
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Digital Photography Software
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Manipulating & Editing Photographs
- Books > Computing & Internet > New to Computing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Business & Home Office
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics > 3D Studio Max
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics > Maya
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation