on 4 July 2016
This book has much useful information for people who are already familiar with the basics of CC and if it was aimed at those people I would have given it 4 stars. I am not unintelligent and have some experience with earlier Photoshop programs but I found this difficult and confusing. There is far too much unnecessary verbosity, and use of words and language that a beginner would not understand. So much time is taken telling you 'WHAT' can be done in CC but not clearly 'HOW' to do it.

If you are already OK with the basics it's 4 stars. If you are a beginner it's 1 star. I firmly consider that this should definitely not be in the 'For Dummies' category.
13 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 4 July 2015
I bought this book as a basic guide for the uninitiated, but it did not really fit the bill, though I worked through it all systematically and, I think, fairly carefully. The introductory chapters about setting up and organising the system were good and quite easily understandable. However, when it came to the processes of actually using the editing tools - Oh dear! It really skimped the basics of how you actually use the tools - actually selecting things using the Lasso and other tools, for example. When it came to "Layers", apparently the heart of Photoshop, and for things on from there on in, it really left the idea of "For Dummies" far behind, heaping complication upon complication to the point of (my) befuddlement. The author has impressive credentials as a Photoshop expert and no doubt all he writes is accurate and well-informed, but it was just too complicated and seemed to take too much for granted for this Dummy.
4 people found this helpful
on 23 February 2017
Nothing wrong with book. I got it because I felt like a dummy trying to use photoshop. After using book, still felt like a dummy. Programme too advanced for me to make use of it, will not be renewing when renew time comes round.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 17 May 2018
its got a lot in it but nothing in the right order for you to learn from it not for me but if you know all the basics to start off you be ok
on 15 April 2018
Husband uses all the time for support with photoshop. Very easy to follow.
on 2 September 2016
Cant understand half of what was written
2 people found this helpful
on 28 October 2015
excellent book photo shop is quite hard for a newbie like me but the dummies books always get my vote
on 3 January 2016
Don't bother with this book it is beyond useless
2 people found this helpful
on 19 December 2015
It's still hard going but I suppose Photoshop has so many facets to it, it was never going to be easy even with this book not a good as I thought it would be
on 23 February 2015
Excellent, readable, informative and I would recommend it to anyone wishing to get to grips with Photoshop