on 25 February 2011
I bought Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 software to progress with my digital photography in the premium camera range; I had no prior experience with this software but had used Corel Ulead PhotoImpact over a long period - so had some familiarity with the processes.
Barbara Brundage has provided a book that answers all of the questions with insight and clear explanations that are extensive without being over-the-top. It explains 'theory' as well as the available controls with personal insight that is obviously from a competent user, not just a book author. An excellent book that I would highly recommend to novices and experienced practitioners. I only wish I had bought this book before others on the same subject.
on 29 September 2011
If you are looking for a book which takes you into the inner workings of Photoshop Elements then this is the book for you, but it takes some getting into. This is not necessarily a critiscm of the author, or the way it is written, but more to do with the subject matter. Having recently purchased the software, I'm really struggling to master the complexity. Could be something to do with the fact that I can't devote the time or attention required. I don't think I'll ever get to read the book from cover to cover but as a source of reference to hop in and out of, according to need, I'm sure it will be very useful.
on 12 February 2011
Graphics software is one of the most complicated a non-professional comes into contact with. The Elements 9 missing manual makes understanding much easier. Well indexed it makes this reference work simple to use. 5 stars
on 6 April 2011
I hadn't had an Adobe Photoshop Programme before I bought "elements 9" so was a complete novice. This book has been a lifeline in understanding how to do useful stuff, with handy tips to avoid horrible mistakes too. I've been reading it from front to back, but also dipping in where I wanted to do other stuff, and it works both ways, so all in all a great book from the point of view of someone who's new to Adobe Photoshop programmes.
on 6 November 2010
Once again Barbara comes up trumps with an easy to read yet informative book that really should be packaged with the software. The format makes it easy to find specific items when you want to just dip in and her easy reading style makes this comprehensive "manual" a great introduction for those people who may be new to the subject. All in all highly recommended.
on 31 January 2011
This is indeed the missing manual. It is comprehensive and detailed while remaining simple to understand. I would strongly recommend this manual to anyone new to Photoshop Elements 9, or as in my case migrating from other similar software like Paint shop Pro.
on 20 February 2011
This book continues the excellent series of "Missing Manuals "It has a wealth of information presented in a very concise and understandable way. If you have Photoshop 9 this is a must.
on 4 February 2011
Excellent manual, well written and great instructions. Keep it by your computer and dip into it when you want to try something new. As someone who is completely new to Elements, this book is a godsend and at an excellent price too!
on 21 November 2010
Barbara has done it again. This book is "what it says on the tin" - all you need to know about Elements 9. And with fewer of the silly jokes which the publishers of this series like to inflict on their readers as the price of getting the information.
on 12 June 2011
You've bought your software and now you need to know how to get the most out of it...but where do you go?
Well I'm glad I bought Photoshop Elements 9: The Missing Manual. For me, there's no point in buying 2 or 3 books, that almost do the job, when one book will answer all your questions. I am now waiting to buy Premiere Elements 9, so that I can use the two books together with my new dual-software, and new hobby...video production.