The Photoshop Elements 3 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter) Paperback – 11 Oct 2004
|New from||Used from|
There is a newer edition of this item:
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
If you're ready for an Elements 3 book that breaks all the rules, this is it, because it does something for digital photographers that's never been done before--it cuts through the bull and shows you exactly "how to do it." It tells you, flat-out, which settings to use, when to use them, and why.
This book is not a bunch of theory; it doesn't challenge you to come up with your own settings or figure things out on your own. It gives you the same settings used by some of the top digital pros, settings you can use today to get professional results you've always dreamed of.
Plus, since this book is designed for photographers, it doesn't waste your time talking about how to frame a shot, setting your exposure, etc. and there's no talk which camera or printer to buy. It's all Elements, step-by-step, cover-to-cover in the only book of its kind, and you¿re gonna love it!
Besides learning the inside tips and the tricks of the trade for correcting, editing, sharpening, retouching, and presenting your photos like a pro. You'll learn how to unlock the power of all the new Elements 3 features, including how to manage your photos using the new Organizer, how to use the new "pro tools" like the Healing Brush and the Shadow/Highlight controls, and how to master the new "Creation" section to take your photos to an entirely new level. Plus, you'll see it all step-by-step, in plain English, and you¿ll be absolutely amazed at how easy and effective these techniques are, once you know the secrets.
- The secrets of how the pros retouch portraits
- How to incorporate the amazing new features of Elements 3 into your work today!
- How to color correct any photo without breaking a sweat (you¿ll be amazed at how they do it!)
- How to repair and restore damaged photos
- The sharpening techniques the pros really use (there's an entire chapter just on this!)
- Dealing with common digital camera image problems, including removing noise and avoiding halos
- When to use Quick Fix, and when to do to it yourself (using our step-by-step methods).
- The most-requested photographic special effects
- and much more!
But besides all that, this book has a "secret weapon" that makes it the most important, most useful Elements book yet. The reason is this--although Elements 3 offers some digital photography features Photoshop CS doesn't offer, there are plenty of features that Photoshop CS has, that Elements 3 still doesn't have (things like Layer Masking, Channel Mixer, etc.). But in this book, you'll learn some slick workarounds, cheats, and some fairly ingenious ways to replicate many of those Photoshop features from right within Elements.
There's never been a book like it, and if you're a digital photographer using Photoshop Elements 3, this is the book you've been waiting for.
Top Customer Reviews
This book is my personal Photoshop bible and I can't recommend it highly enough.
This guy knows what he's doing, he's humorous and very straighforward. The images are available from his website for you to practise on. The instructions are step by step and assume very little knowledge, but they do not patronise.
I bought this along with his Down and Dirty book and also Adobe's Classroom in a book, I don't regret buying all three as they complement each other and give you many different ways of achieving great results. Elements is a very powerful program and I don't think you lose anything by getting this over Photoshop CS if you follow this guy, he's worked out some really good ways of doing the stuff in Elements 3 that previously you could only achieve in the hugely expensive Pro Photoshop packages. Excellent
After 10 minutes I had completed my first tutorial and transformed my photo, so easy to use and explains all the shortcut commands along the way. Ideal for a beginner or amateur digital photographer wishing to enhance their photos. Good service from Amazon. I also purchased Scott Kelby's 'Photoshop Elements 3 Down and Dirty Tricks' at the same time. Saved over £18 buying from Amazon than in a regular high street store. Recommended book for use with Photoshop Elements 3!
After perusing others claiming to cover the same thing, I can say Kelby's is the stand-out on this topic--my a long way!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is the easiset book on Elements techniques I have come across. Very clear step by step instructions meant I could use editing techniques straightaway - and so easily.Published on 23 July 2009 by M. D.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Digital Photography Software
- Books > Computing & Internet > New to Computing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Business & Home Office
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics > 3D Studio Max
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics > Maya
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation