VINE VOICEon 20 May 2008
What makes this book easy to use? Its user friendly, with clear easy to follow instructions. The colour pictures are of a good quality for each task in Elements. What you see in the book, you see on the monitor screen. Page layouts are consistent and the print clear. Getting started with Elements 6 couldn't be smoother. The book is basic and more advanced. For anyone new to Elements 6 or upgrading from older versions, this is the book to buy.

Elements 6 is no longer the cut down version of Photoshop that it once was. Adobe have included more of the best features from their new Photoshop, without compromising the enjoyment of using Elements. Photoshop Elements for Dummies, successfully addresses the changes in this new Elements version.
0Comment| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 5 June 2010
Being a relative newcomer to computing I needed a guide to help me understand and use Photoshop Elements 6 , I have already learnt the basics from Scott Kelby's book on the same subject , from the demo discs which are part of some photo magazines , and from demos at the local Camera Club . This excellent book will I hope complete my education , it seems to cover all the various functions of Elements in detail, and goes through all the various options . In this way it'a very useful supplement to Kelby's "just do this " approach . The authors do seem to assume that the reader is familiar with the rather arcane language of Photoshop and Eements , but this has got to be learned anyway ! Recommended .
on 7 October 2010
This book is very good and I am learning a lot of useful procedures from it. I am computer literate and have had some experience at photo editing. Personally I would challenge the Title - "For Dummies", because it gives the impression that anyone could pick up the book and immediately work through Photoshop Elements. I do think you need to have had some background experience before the book could become really useful. It is not for beginners.
on 20 August 2016
Excellent book. Well written and fairly easy to understand. Some sections had to be read two or three times, but that was not the fault of the authors. Just getting old!
on 15 March 2012
Really disappointed.
Text did not match that which I saw on the Elements screens.
Tells you what to do but not HOW to do it e.g. 'open color swatches' but doesn't tell you how.
Assumes that a 'dummy' will understand photographic jargon. I'm a dummy and I don't - that's why I bought the book! (What are 'Layers'? - mine lay eggs down the yard).
Waste of money. Avoid.
on 26 July 2013
packed well arrived quickly.nothing in there i didnt already know though!so veryyy basic! maybe i didnt actually need it!maybe im not a dummy afterall lol!but if you really dont have a clue whatsoever then get it! helpful to those who are complete dummies !!
on 15 December 2009
This is my first venture into the "for Dummies" series and I can confirm that it makes me feel like a Dummie ! The book seems quite comprehensive and useful but it also seems quite complicated and certainly a challenge to me ! There are easier and less complex books availabler for the beginner.
on 2 February 2013
Not the publication I thought it would be from the publisher's.I was looking for a manual which would guide me through processes
such as changing skies or practical use of tools.As it is it glosses over many processes assuming readers are,already.
competent in the use of digital processes. As a newcomer to this field I need a step by step guide to many of the basic processes I need to improve my images.
on 15 August 2009
The Dummies series scores again. It is difficult to render the black/grey interface correctly in print so that the reader can make sense of the screenshots - this book gets it right. Certainly better than a dearer alternative book for Version 7 in that respect. Well recommended to users of Elements 6.
on 24 June 2013
I bought this when a friend lent me elements 8 to see if I liked it.
I then bought elements 11 & ideally I could do with elements 11.
However,it does the job