- Paperback: 840 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; 1 edition (5 Dec. 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0764542397
- ISBN-13: 978-0764542398
- Product Dimensions: 19 x 4.3 x 23.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,003,219 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Photoshop CS All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies Paperback – 5 Dec 2003
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
“…you’ll find an amazing collection of tips…the tome is light and friendly enough that learning is never a struggle…” ( Digital Creative Arts ) “…you can’t argue with the price…you’ll never need to invest in another Photoshop CS reference book again…” ( Digital Photography Made Easy , March 2004)
From the Back Cover
10 books in 1 plus 16 pages of full–color examples! Your one–stop guide to using all the cool features of Photoshop CS You know you can do amazing things with Photoshop CS, but wow where do you start? One feature at a time, with this handy reference guide! Ten easy–to–follow minibooks show you how to set up Photoshop and use each tool, while special sections help you combine tools and effects to achieve spectacular results. The Dummies Way Coverage of the essentials and beyond Explanations in plain English "Get in, get out" information Thumbtabs and other navigation aids Tear–out cheat sheet A dash of humor and fun Discover how to: Correct and enhance colors Give your subjects a mini–makeover Create and work with paths Master selection techniques Work with layers, channels, and masks Optimize Web graphicsSee all Product Description
Top Customer Reviews
functions available in Photoshop CS.
It explains all tools, color management, color corretions, layers, masks, channels, ...
As I said, it is a starting point. For a better comprehension (the "why" and not just the "how") and use of channels, color correction, masking and compositing techniques you should look for other books, although some tips and techniques are given.
There are some color plates available, but images given as examples (grayscale images), in the Before/After style are of poor quality (differences are often difficult to recognize).
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography
- Books > Computing & Internet > New to Computing
- Books > Computing & Internet > PC & Video Games
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Business & Home Office
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Desktop Publishing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics > 3D Studio Max
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics > Maya
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation