- Also check our best rated Travel Book reviews
A Photographic Guide to the Birds of Indonesia Paperback – 12 Dec 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"It is the most comprehensive photographic bird guide to any country in the world. -Garuda Airlines Magazine "...one of the best options to get a visual view and a straight to the point understanding of the birds in Indonesia." -Test Try Results blog
Full of stunning photography, this travel pictorial and Philippines guide book captures the soul of a tropical island nation.
The Philippines: Islands of Enchantment captures all the marvels and excitement found throughout the 7000-island archipelago. Beautiful photographs by award-winning photographer George Tapan are paired with rich text by author Alfred A. Yuson to make this new paperback edition a must for those that have traveled to this island paradise or just spend their days dreaming about going.
The Philippines: Islands of Enchantment is a fascinating exploration of the islands and her people including:
- sun-blessed beaches and pristine rain forests
- centuries-old churches and tribal rituals
- dynamic cities and a wealth of ethic and environmental diversity
- yearlong fiestas celebrated by Filipinos and more.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Jon Hornbuckle, February 2013
A Photographic Guide to the Birds of Indonesia by Morten Strange is a very beautiful book. I have both editions of this book, the 2001 Edition and the new 2012 Edition. I was impressed by the first Edition of the book with its many great photos, and this new edition is even more impressing since it is a major upgrade with nearly 250 more species illustrated for a total of 912 species illustrated; and a comprehensive checklist of all 1605 species in Indonesia. Since there is few field guides currently in print covering this vast archipelago this is a must for birders in Asia, but it is a book for everyone with interest for birds. The information in the book is very good, since the text is well written, and information relevant as a guide for those who want to find the birds in the field. You will enjoy the informative text, and the many excellent photos. In Indonesia you can find some of the most beautiful creatures in the planet. With this book, you can study them on your own.
Good pictures and informative maps
Only issue we had was that it is organised by Sub-orders, which is good science and probably good for serious birders, but means there is a lot of flicking through trying to find the correct order to identify a bird
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography
- Books > Reference > Almanacs & Yearbooks
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Birds
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Reference
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Fishing, Birdwatching & Other Outdoor Pursuits > Birdwatching
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > Asia > Southeast Asia