- Also check our best rated Camera reviews
PhotoGeeks 3 Light Super 5 Softbox Continuous Photography Lighting Kit / 50 x 70cm Soft Boxes / 10 30w & 1 55w 5500k Bulbs/Boom Arm
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 2 x PhotoGeeks 50 x 70cm Softboxes, constructed with a highly reflective inner surface and a photography grade white diffuser, they are used to create a natural diffused light, reducing the extreme highlights and sharp shadows which would be produced from direct lights. Please note that the white diffuser can be removed from the softbox if a direct floodlight effect is desired
- 1 x Photogeeks 40 x 60cm Softbox & light adapter. Used with the 5500k 55w perfect daylight bulb it offers light to illuminate subjects from above particularly useful to highlight hair on portrait photos
- The Photogeeks Super 5 Lampholder holds upto five bulbs each, combined with the ten supplied 30w bulbs, each light gives out a powerful 150w of light which is the equivalent of 750w in incandescent lighting. Each lampholder has a switch for each bulb on the back offering the ultimate in versatility regarding the strength of light for each softbox. The bulb sockets are E27 so you can upgrade to more powerful bulbs in the future if needed
- The energy saving fluorescent 5500k bulbs provide the ideal light colour temperature for photography, the natural daylight they reproduce give your photographs a truer or more natural colour balanced representation of the subject than gained when using 6400k or 2700k bulbs. They are also low heat lighting and are much safer and comfortable to work with when compared to incandescent lighting. They have a CRI rating of > 88
- Lightweight aluminium alloy light stands adjust from 0.75 to 2.1m in height using two single action nut locks, providing fast precision height adjustments (one stand is 0.9 to 2.3m which is to be used with the boom arm light) The stands and boom arm are all equipped with a 5/8" spigot
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Compare with similar items
Size Name: 1175w
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Description The PhotoGeeks 3L Super 5 Softbox Continuous Lighting Kit This is our most versatile lighting softbox kit yet, giving a quality, bright, versatile and portable lighting setup which can be used for most photographic purposes including portrait and product photography (also can be used for videography). This continuous lighting kit is suitable for both beginners and professionals shooting in studios and on-site locations. Specifications Each super 5 lamp holder has five E27 sockets with a independent on/off switch for each socket (100-240V 50/60Hz) 30w 5500k Daylight Energy Saving Bulbs (220-230V 50/60Hz) Each light allows for 225w (equivalent 1125w in candescent bulbs) continuous lighting 55w 5500k perfect daylight bulb (220-230V 50/60Hz) 50 x 70cm Softboxes for soft or average light 40 x 60cm Softbox & 1 Bulb Light Adapter Lightweight fully adjustable stands from 0.7 - 2.1m Longer stand from 0.9 - 2.3m for boom arm light Telescopic Boom arm with 2 sections extending from 75cm to 135cm Nut lock for boom arm which 4 different diameter holes for different size boom arms and stands if needed, nut lock can also be rotated to give different angles Lightweight Sandbag & hook to counter-balance weight of lights on boom arm Gross Weight: Approx 11.4kg UK 3 Pin Plugs Carry bag Contents 1 x 55w perfect daylight bulb 5500k 10 x 30w light bulbs 5500k 2 x 2.1m Light Stands 1 x 2.3m Light Stand 2 x Super 5 Lamp Holders with 5 Bulb sockets each 2 x 50 x 70cm Softboxes 1 x 40 x 60cm Softbox & Light adapter 1 x Slantwise Boom Arm with 4 size lock nut & sandbags 1 x Portable Carrying Bag for whole kit
Showing 1-4 of 103 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The stands are sturdy enough to support the softboxes in various angles. The softboxes take a little bit of time and you need to get used to assembling them to get the most benefit; I must admit I will probably assemble them the night before and take them all made up rather than do it on location (depending on location of course!)
I have kept the polystyrene light holders for safe transporting and storage.
One suggestion - the two main boxes have good long cables about 2-3 m long which is ideal. However the top light hood (with the single larger bulb) has the shortest cable of them all and will need an extension cable to work effortlessly.
I have done lots of green screen work and been frustrated by darker patches and variation in green caused by ambient/incandescent/strip light. NO MORE!!! The light from these is so even and the end result is simply stunning.
The bulbs give off a good bright light which is adjustable & the softboxes & diffusers work very well & are made of durable, good quality material. Putting it all together thankfully wasn't too much of a trial at all & I managed it myself in about an hour. The stands are lightweight but sturdy enough & are extremely versatile accommodating whatever type of shoot it is you have in mind. The kit comes well packaged & is held in place very securely by the substantial carry bag which is great if you need to be on the go.
PhotoGeeks themselves are superb, I had a couple of very minor issues & they were rectified immediately & it was a pleasure to deal with such a helpful & professional Seller who obviously cares very deeply about providing an exceptional standard of service & high quality products.
All in all this kit has enabled me to work at any time I like on my camera skills & my love of Macro photography, even on the darkest of days & in the darkest of rooms & I must say I'm so delighted I'm even considering having a bash at Portraiture as well as I now have the kit to do it!!
There could be better set-up instructions as the softbox pictured in the only instructional diagram that came with the kit, is not the same as the softboxes I had recieved. There were also no instructions as to how to set up the larger overhead stand, although I am sure I will figure it out (and if not, I am confident that I can give PhotoGeeks a call and they can help me over the phone).
I have to say I am delighted with this kit and would shop with PhotoGeeks again.
All items came in great condition and working order, no delays on delivery.
Only slight issue I had with the kit upon testing it is that I found that the softboxes tended to weigh down droop, no matter how tightly I wound the fixture that is meant to prevent such, but I think adding a washer will solve that problem. I am not greatly concerned by it.
I definitely trust this company and value this kit!