- Also check our best rated Camera reviews
PhotoGeeks SBK2 Continuous Lighting Photography Kit | 2 x 70 x 50cm Softboxes | 8 x 30w Fluorescent 5500k Light Bulbs | 2 x 2m Stands
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Photogeeks Super Lampholder holds upto four bulbs each, combined with the eight supplied 30w bulbs, each light gives out a powerful 150w of light which is the equivalent of 750w in incandescent lighting. Each lampholder has two switches on the back so you can turn two lights off at a time reducing the light produced by half if you need it. The bulb sockets are E27 so you can upgrade to more powerful bulbs in the future if needed.
- The energy saving fluorescent 5500k bulbs provide the ideal light colour temperature for photography, the natural daylight they reproduce give your photographs a truer or more natural colour balanced representation of the subject than gained when using 6400k or 2700k bulbs.
- 2 PhotoGeeks 50 x 70cm Softbox's, use to create a natural diffused light, reducing the extreme highlights and sharp shadows which would be produced from direct lights, please note that the white diffuser can be removed from the softbox if a direct floodlight effect is desired.
- We now supply this softbox kit with a new superior light stand the LuxLight JH-1800 - SPECS - Lightweight durable alluminum alloy construction - 4 Stage centre shaft - Easy height adjustment using single action nut locks - Standard 5/8" Spigot mount allows you to attach most lighting accessories - 1/4" screw for easy connection to accessories - Minimum height: 695mm - maximum height: 2300mm - Weight 1130g - Load Capacity: 4kg
- Carry bag provided giving you a lightweight, versatile and easy to use portable lighting package.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
The PhotoGeeks Double Softbox Continuous Lighting Kit provides a quality, bright, versatile and portable lighting setup which can be used for most photographic purposes including portrait and product photography ( The kit is suitable for both beginners and professionals shooting in studios and on-site locations.
Super lamp holder with four E27 sockets & 2 toggle switches (100-240V 50/60Hz)
30w 5500k Daylight Energy Saving Bulbs (220-230V 50/60Hz)
Each light allows for 120w (equivalent 600w in candescent bulbs) continuous lighting
50 x 70cm Softboxes for soft or average light
Lightweight fully adjustable stands from 0.75 - 2m
UK 3 Pin Plug
Gross Weight (includes carry bag): 6.2kg
8 x 30w 5500k Bulbs
2 x 2m Light Stands
2 x Studio Light with 4 Bulb Sockets
2 x 50x70cm Softboxes
1 x Portable Carrying Bag for whole kit
6 MONTH WARRANTY (Does not cover bulbs which have a 1 month warranty)
Top customer reviews
The kit comes well packaged in a padded carry/storage case with two heads, two stands, two fold up soft boxes with inner and outer baffles and eight individually boxed lamps in moulded polystyrene packing.
The heads have two switches to enable off/half/full power selection. They have a correctly fitted UK three pin plug with a decent length of cable. Each head also has a 3amp fuse built in with a spare fuse provided for each head. The heads have four holes into which the frame rods for the soft boxes fit and Velcro on the soft box end that fits over the head makes fitting and setting up an easy thing to do. I found it easier to set up the soft box on the heads before fitting the heads to the stands.
The stands are light but stable as the softbox weighs very little. Plastic screw clamps for height adjustment may not be the strongest but there is no need to make these very tight as nipping them up is enough. The stands are tall enough at full height for the soft box to touch my ceiling which is of average height so certainly enough.
For brightness/power, these lights even with four bulbs per head are never going to be enough to stop fast action. For my needs as a tripod using tabletop photographer, they are ideal. On the day I set up just one of the soft boxes, my meter gave me a reading on a mock set of 1/13 second @ f8 100 ISO. The natural window light, which is not great in this room, was giving me 13whole seconds at the same settings resulting in my camera applying noise reduction to the picture. No automatic noise reduction occurred using the softbox.
In conclusion, I think it is money well spent and I look forward to working out some great lighting techniques using this kit before I move on to a more powerful setup, if indeed I ever find I need to.
I would certainly recommend the product and Photo Geeks customer service.
The light themselves do have a slightly cheap feel, but that is because for what you are getting they are.
They are a great set up kit, having the option to half the light out put is very useful and i much prefer the four bulb head over some two bulb ones that are out there.
Would definitely recommend to anyone looking to make good difference to their work whilst not wanting/able to pay the arm an a leg required for some lights.
The also delivered within a couple of days which was excellent. If you're looking to get into product photography or simple video lighting on a budget, then this is perfect.
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category