- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Delmar Cengage Learning; 4th Revised edition edition (2 Feb. 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1285196562
- ISBN-13: 978-1285196565
- Product Dimensions: 18.8 x 2.8 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,264,095 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Photo Restoration and Retouching Using Corel Paintshop Pro X5 Paperback – 2 Feb 2013
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
1. Getting Started with Corel PaintShop Pro X5. 2. Retouching Techniques and Methods. 3. Improving Brightness and Contrast. 4. Solving Color Problems. 5. Sharpness, Noise, and Distortion. 6. Removing Specks and Dust. 7. Repairing Scratches, Tears, Creases, and Holes. 8. Moving, Adding, or Removing Objects. 9. Retouching People. 10. The Good, the Bad, and the Artistic. Appendix A. More Useful information.
About the Author
Trained in traditional print media and on the Web, Robert Correll enjoys digital photography, photo restoration and retouching, digital art, computer technology, and music. His recently published works include video tutorials on Sony ACID Pro 6.0, Adobe Photoshop Elements 4, and Corel PaintShop Pro X5. He has also written or contributed to other technology books, magazines, and Web sites. Robert has also worked as a consultant in the marketing and design industry, where his contributions ranged from IT services to Web design and implementation, network administration, art production, ad concepts, campaign strategies and tactics, and radio advertisement script writing. Robert graduated from the United States Air Force Academy in 1988 and served in the United States Air Force as an Intelligence Officer, was a Software Development Specialist and Development Editor for Macmillan Computer Publishing, and was the Staff and Faculty Technology Trainer/Assistant Technology Coordinator for a county-wide school corporation.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I don't know about you but I can't just sit and read one of these types of books for recreation. I usually doze off.
When these come into their own is when I need a trick or a technique, and go to the Index. So far, they've both been useful on that basis.
I started way back, with Paintshop Pro 5, when it was the cheap alternative to the bloated CorelDraw or the even more bloated Photoshop. It was quick and it did the job... as far as it went. Many years ago I wrote and taught adult students the use of Paintshop Pro 5, at the local college. The course was very well-received. I set it up as a local intranet on a CD, so the students could progress at their own pace, and anywhere they could get a seat in front of a PC with a Rom Drive fitted.
Came across it just the other day, and tried some of the tricks and tips. Like Paintshop Pro 5, it seems to work even better (quicker) in Windows 7.
If like me you now run Windoze 7, then try old Paintshop Pro 5 when you need sheer speed... it resizes, crops, edits, and lets you create text effects in no time at all.
You may think Paintshop Pro X5 is expensive, not compared to it's competition, but still not a cheap item all the same.
Well here's a tip you won't find in many places... there is a disc which I presume is intended to be sold with new PCs, called PC Essentials and the year. The current one being PC Essentials 2013.Read more ›
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Digital Photography
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Reference
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Accounting
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Manipulating & Editing Photographs
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation