- Paperback: 316 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press (26 Jan. 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0521732441
- ISBN-13: 978-0521732444
- Product Dimensions: 17.4 x 1.5 x 24.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (8 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 357,355 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Phonetics: A Coursebook Paperback – 26 Jan 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'Engagingly written, this accessible introduction to articulatory phonetics tests the reader's understanding at every stage with a structured series of questions and exercises. The 20 well-balanced units cover basic theory and the essentials of English phonetics, including intonation. Any student new to phonetics will find this a valuable learning aid.' Jill House, University College London
A problem-based introduction to phonetics, featuring over three hundred integrated exercises to help students discover and practice the subject interactively. It assumes no previous knowledge of phonetics; concepts are introduced gradually and frequent cross-referencing means that students will see how the subject fits together and how later concepts build on earlier ones.See all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is an amazing coursebook so clear and detailed that anyone can learn phonetics on their own.Published 18 months ago by Amazon Customer
Quick delivery! Book is very easy to comprehend and doesn't over complicate things. Great purchase!Published on 26 Nov. 2014 by Mary Brown
Fantastic quality and arrived earlier than estimated delivery date.Published on 3 Sept. 2014 by Nora Jones