Philosophy and the Foundations of Dynamics Paperback – 29 Nov 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'This work could be as influential in the 21st century as Ernst Mach's Die Mechanik (1901) was in the 20th, both in physics and philosophy … Highly recommended. Upper-division undergraduates, graduate students, and researchers/faculty.' P. D. Skiff, Choice
The theory of dynamics is riddled with conceptual issues and differing philosophical interpretations. This book discusses the crucial issues of the main theory from which contemporary foundational theories are derived. It will interest philosophers of science, philosophers in general and physicists concerned with foundational interpretive issues in their field.See all Product description
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Philosophy of Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Physics > Mechanics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy