on 2 January 2010
Bought this remote when some of the buttons on the old one stopped working. couldn't believe the great price as it's nearly half the cost of all the others I'd looked at. After reading some of the other reviews just wanted to pass on the info on getting the remote to work on your TV, you'll need a model number for your TV which is usually somewhere on the back of the TV or on instruction book, then press interactive on the remote then press 1 for sky active from this menu scroll down and choose A-Z ,select QRS then "set up my remote" from here you just follow the clear instructions on what to do, it's really easy and only takes a few mins. So it's a good remote for a great price and does work sky+ and TV!! what more could you want ??
11 Comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 June 2014
good replacement with no tuning needed ,so cheap and easy answer to our problems with old handset, Excellent value product
on 2 June 2017
Still using this a year later. I have a very old sky box but a quick search on the internet and I found a code to program this to work with it and my tv.
on 9 May 2015
Only lasted for 6 months...
on 25 May 2017
Every good
on 13 December 2009
I had read the other reviews for this Sky Plus Remote + 2 Batteries and was a little sceptical at first but having just spent £10, on a,"so called", universal TV remote, from my local Tesco, which insisted on the package that it will work on Sky +, and was a pile of pants, I decided to go for this one.
At first it would work everything but the Volume and the Mute buttons, (as other reviews stated), on my TV downstairs, a 1year old 46" Panasonic.
I tried umpteen times to get it to work, but to no avail. Then I decided to try it on our old 32" Phillips flat screen in the bedroom, I did not know the Model number so I picked a code at random from the drop down Phillips list on the Sky,"how to programme your remote",hey presto it worked!.
So down stairs I went and scrolled through the Panasonic list and chose the TV which had a different code ,but very close to my Model. Yes you can guess, it worked!!.
So to all you potential customers out there dont be put off by the other review's that say its not very good.
Especially the guy that thinks the code should be in his remote,Derrrr, does he think the makers of this remote are telepathic and know what type of TV you have?. The space inside the remote is for YOU to make a note of the code,,,Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Regards
Keith
on 5 May 2008
This is the official Sky+ remote control and therefore works perfect with your Sky+ box. Being a Sky+ remote it will work with Sky+ only, not normal Sky or Sky HD. This is a Revision 8 remote and is therefore the very latest model so if you want to program it to also work your TV it should work with most of the latest TVs.
11 Comment| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 October 2009
received the remote 3 days after ordering, worked on the sky but would not change anything on the TV, apparently need a code for this but no instructions of how to do this only how to go to web sites which doesn't give any information.
on 14 July 2010
My remote has lost a button within a month of use and is just generally rubbish. I've ordered a standard remote now. This lighter one feels flimsy and, I don't know, perhaps mine was a one off dud
on 16 August 2008
I ordered this Saturday 9th August and it was delivered by Wed 13th.
Cannot believe this GENUINE SKY item was so reasonable.
To anyone out there, don't search for a better price 'cos you will not find one. As others have said, genuine SKY+ remote with batteries.
Absolutely FAULTLESS. Thanks to Amazon for the link.