Colour Name: Black & Red|Change

on 13 June 2015
So you're looking at these earphones because you're possibly a detractor from the ghastly in-ear earbud fad currently representing 80% of the in-ear earphone market. Earbud's that form a seal between your eardrum preventing pressure stabilization and making you feel physically ill with a sickening rubber texture painfully expanding the inside of your ear canal.

These are an acceptable solution. It took me about two days to get used to the rubber things on the outside of the ear and my left ear eventually stopped hurting as the skin subsided and reformed to meet the size of the the circular earphone.

Durability is unknown, 3 weeks so far with no issues.

If you've bought JVC earphones and been appalled by the sound quality these aren't that, the sound quality is reasonable.

They aren't as good Sony MDR bass booster earphones circa 2006 before they put stupid but not quite ruinous knobs on the end, but since Sony in a characteristic display of brilliance followed by maddening incompetence, have discontinued their production these are currently the best replacement.
on 10 January 2015
These are the only shape in-ear headphone that seems to work for me. I've tried the 'bud' type and they just constantly fall out no matter which size rubber (oo-er!) I use. These stay put, wether cycling or working-out or any other activity and yet very few quality manufacturers even seem to make them, DRAT! My last pair were from Sony for about £30, which were fantastic until the jack-plug connector wires seemed to break down, as I kept losing one channel. There do seem to be some very cheap (£6) ones which I'm doubtful will sound very good, these were a bit more expensive but at the moment appear to be ok. That little extrusion on the ear-piece is what appears to improve the depth of sound, while not up to the Sony sound they are still pretty good, and the main thing.....THEY STAY PUT!! (Other manufacturers please take note?)
on 28 March 2016
Having tried a pair of Bluetooth sport earphones, and finding that the fitting for my ear was very complex, and that the weight of them made them fall out frequently, I went looking for a pair of wired sport earphones. Most had a similar fitting system to the old pair I had, which involved a normal rubber cap and a cam-shaped piece to hold it in, so when I found these I was interested to see how well they worked...

Fit: These earphones fit perfectly. I use the smallest of the 3 size of cap included, although I also use the smallest standard cap, so these should fit everyone. They stay in incredibly well, and I have tried them with a static bike, running, elliptical, and even during a 5K ergo test, where they stayed in the whole time, no problems. The clip on the cord also helps, as it removes tension, and can stop a slight catch on a piece of clothing from yanking the earphones out from your ears.

Sound Quality: At £10 these were never going to rival an expensive pair of JBL or Sennheiser earphones, but they weren't meant to either. They were, however, very surprising with their sound reproduction, so much so that in a blind test with some friends, they rated these higher than a pair of Skullcandy earphones, and the proprietary Apple ear pods. In particular the bass reproduction is good, meaning the heavy beat of those workout tracks will not be lost.
on 10 January 2015
i have purchased 3 sets of these in the last 18 months but only because i didn't take the proper care they needed they do a wonderful job in terms of usability at the gym, you will find that the colour of them fades through time, the most fragile part of this product is the plastic just under the headphones and this is what tends to break easily and cause problems, i love using them for the gym and normal use. If you take care of your stuff then you will have no worries with these.
they were also delivered on time and packaging was fine.
on 24 May 2016
You will need to take good care of these, as they are rather fragile.

Sound: Sound wise they are as good as you'd expect from headphones this price, no complaints.

Microphone: If you want them for hands-free calling while out and about, then these are not good. People I call using the headphones constantly complain about how poor the sound quality is, whilst other headphones has generated no issues before.

Quality: This is the worst part of these headphones. Mine have lasted about 6 months. The bits that go on the end of the headphones themselves constantly fall off, so you eventually end up using all the different sized options that come with them, which is not too much of an issue as they are soft so it doesn't make much difference. however, the plastic that is underneath this, that covers the speaker drum has come off now too.
on 21 May 2016
I used to own a great pair of earphones which have the small protrusion into the ear like these ones do (I'm not sure of the correct term for this style of earphones). Unfortunately I lost them, and have been disappointed to discover that they are very hard to find. 95% of what is out there seems to be either the flat round style, or ear canal buds.

In the absence of much choice, I've settled on these. They fairly reasonable in most regards but I wouldn't say they excel at sound quality, comfort, or build quality.

I'd probably give it 4 stars if it weren't for one major defect - the ear piece covers come off very easily in your pocket/bag etc. I've lost track of the number of times I've had to reattach them, or retrace my steps after realising they fell out of my pocket onto the street whilst taking them out. I've lost around 3-4 of them and the only saving grace has been that it comes with a couple of spare sets (albeit in different sizes, but that doesn't seem to make much difference to how it sits in your ear). Because of this issue I've reduced my rating to 3 stars.
Colour Name: Black & Red|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
OK so for the price I wasn't expecting a lot. I picked them up and initially I was very dissmissive. Highlighted on the box it pointed out that the little junction for the wires was reflective. It's the size of a very small pinkie nail. Hardly going to stop you getting run over is it. Next I looked at the cable. Just long enough to attach to your ipod on your waist. Good and bad I suppose, 'cause you won't be getting caught up in the wire when running.

Then I plugged them into my iPod. This is where everything stopped. The sound was unbelievable. I mean seriously. I tested them against Dr Beats Pro and B&W P5's. I plugged them into my TAG McLaren Hi-Fi. I am just blown away. I thought maybe I ingested some drugs and got the wife to come and listen to them. Same effect. Jaw dropping. I rarely give 5 stars. In over 500 reviews I've probably given around 5% 5 stars but these deserve every star. The base is incredible and the clarity just amazing. I even got out my reference CD and listened to it through these. Perfect. I'm just gob-smacked. I don't know what to say. My RS2's were £600 and these are nearly as good. It's stupid. These things are <£15 and they are easily as good as Dr Dre Beats Pro and the B&W P5's. I'm still sitting here with a bad bad feeling that either I've been getting ripped off on headphones for years or Phillips have perfected a set of earphones using the rubberised ear inserts and the channelled sound duct to blow everything else away. I'm seriously going to be wearing these non-stop for the next few weeks and see if something happens to them.

Can't recomment these enough. Outstanding !
44 comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 June 2016
Fairly happy with these headphones. Stay in nicely when running but not the most comfortable I've worn. Nothing on the packaging told me which cover was the small size, I had to assume that the ones that came on were the medium but even after changing for the small still a bit big for my ears. Manageable though. Massively better than the ones with this silly squidgy cap things that go in your ear!!
on 20 May 2016
I've had these for less than a month (having ordered on 26 April, according to Amazon). The sound quality is superb,many as far as I'm aware they don't bleed sound to others around me, which is great.
I don't do anything untoward with them, however, and they have already cracked slightly. Although this doesn't affect performance, it does concern me and I will be returning asap. They are sold as suitable for sport and I don't even use them for that, yet somehow I don't feel like they would last well.
on 25 March 2016
I have tried many different headphones in my quest to find the best pair to use in the gym, as i exercise quite hard regularly. These headphones remain consistent and can take alot of wear and tear. They are most certainly sweatproof and i have regularly used them in runs in heavy rains. The sound quality remains extremely high even well over a year later. The only issues you will have are the common ones with any headphones that have a wire :) if you are looking for headphone to use in the gym. Buy these. i have bought 3 pairs in 6 years and have 2 working pairs. You should note the colour changes from a red orange to a pale orange over time.