Customer reviews

on 19 March 2017
Fantastic pump!!! The only one I've found to work for me as it both covers and massages my entire nipple area (where baby suckles! As opposed to the entire breast surrounded by a hard plastic unforgiving breast pump (one of many I've tried and failed with).
Surprisingly enough it works much better without the nipple massager which looses it uses a few months in.
I prefer the focus being on the nipples rather than some breast pumps trying to overcompensate by surrounding the entire breast, your hand will suffice for breast massage!
Also I've got to say that this pump is by far one of the best for reducing the amount of milk escaping from the sides (every drop matters to me).
It's perfect as I no longer find myself bent over a pump with aching hands, I can actually sit further back without worrying all of my hard work is wasted on milk determined to flow every which way but inside the pump.
It's so comfortable I can actually feed on one side and pump on the other without worrying that I'll have to use both hands to control the pump and maintain a sufficient level of controlled suction.
Another great point is that it comes apart like a dream and cleans just as easy, I don't have any fiddly parts that require any extra brain power to navigate (baby brain is not a myth!!!).
Lastly, I'm sure that all mothers pumping and using the bottle will appreciate the fact that it comes with a compatible teat.
I still breastfeed without the bottle but I do need to pump in order to freeze and store milk for mixing into babies food when weaning.
Also ladies... check out YouTube vids on how to pump correctly, trust me... your baby, breasts and achy hands will thank you for it later.
Correct latch and pumping style can mean the difference between pumping just over 1oz to getting well over 4oz on each breast!
Also, try Fenugreek to increase milk supply in under 48hrs!!!
on 12 July 2017
I'm actually pretty surprised at this item. I was told by so many people that manual pumps are painful and harder to use.
That's not the case at all! It was not at all painful, I felt no discomfort. And i am able to express a good amount in one sitting.
Before this I was trying to hand express which was very very slow and just not very efficient so this is wonderful.
You have to take all the parts off to clean it which I think is the same for an electronic one, that's a bit of a bother but that's just because I'm lazy. I'm mostly breastfeeding so I don't need to sterilise many bottles but I'm still lazy.
I would highly recommended this item.
on 11 November 2016
Works terrific, it does take a lot of patience to get a flow but worth it when you realise the bottle gets full in a few minutes. Handy for those times you just need that bit of extra sleep, or a soak in the bath!
on 18 March 2017
Suction is very bad. When you press the lever it gets stuck for few seconds before it returns to normal position. Also makes clicking noise. I am very disappointed as I used Phillips Avnet electric pump and it was quite good. Maybe I was just unlucky to receive a faulty item. But based on my experience I can't recommend.
on 1 December 2015
This is pure garbage. Used once and doesn't pump anything and the handle is noisy..
Please don't waste your money on this, or get an electrical one.
on 21 August 2017
I find this more effective and palatable than an electric pump, and not painful (once you position your nipple sufficiently centrally) like an electric one. It does make a noise at each compression but I presume all pumps make noise. Good milk can be captured directly into baby bottle (/although our 3 month old baby has so far rejected the bottle!).
on 17 April 2017
Sooo much better than other brands! Ready in 5 mins..mine makes an annoying squeaking noise every now and then though, not sure if just mine or all of them do :(
on 29 March 2014
Great breast pump. Easy to clean, simple. All Philips bottles are compatible with this breast pump. Good price, works good.
on 2 June 2017
This is a fantastic product and gave much better results than 2 electric pumps I've used (medela and lansinoh).
Highly recommend!!!! So much better than I thought a manual pump would be.
on 13 May 2017
Not impressed at all. I was only able to express 30ml but have plenty of milk. Have tried all the positions one can imagine. Would not recommend:s