on 27 September 2015
Saw great results after 4 uses. You have to keep it up every week or so after you get your desired result though otherwise hair just comes back in a month or so. Didn't want to risk shaving my face in case it didn't work so just used it on my facial hair without shaving and although I had to build up from a lower setting so it didn't burn my face, it still removed all my dark hair after a month or so of treating the area. Was very relieved not to have had to shave my face first.
on 18 April 2017
Only works for a short amount of time unless you keep it up forever... which I assume is not good for the skin. Good to use before going on holiday but I would recommend spending more money and getting a professional.
on 16 May 2017
Since I'm tall and not exactly skinny, flashing my whole body takes time and requires two chargings in-between; but, after three times with a week resting time in-between hair count got considerably smaller. Also works wonders on my facial hair - it got thinner and much less visible.
on 18 March 2017
excellent product
on 19 June 2017
not satisfied
on 12 June 2017
I'd highly recommend this product. Removed 90% of my facial hair. I'm still using it every 2-3 weeks. I have not had any issues with this device. I am very happy I have purchased this product.
on 20 June 2017
I love it. It changed my life.
on 11 August 2016
I was fascinated by the product for a long time, as I wanted a near permanent hair removal solution, but the price tag always put me off as I thought it was a lot of money to waste if it didn't work. I saved up and decided to give it a go, as I thought if its rubbish I've just lost some money, but if it does work! Wallah I can get rid of my gorilla hair.

I've tried numerous other hair removal methods in the past - shaving, waxing, hair removal cream etc. And yes they all do work, but they don't last long and it's just a temporary solution. This device is quite possibly the best investment I have ever made.

Basically it uses 'IPL' technology, which is layman terms is a red pulse light which goes down the hair and causes the root to go into resting phase, so the hair sheds and hair growth is stopped! That's the easy explanation!

When it first arrived I couldn't wait to use it on my moustache, yes ladies we all have them, look in the mirror and you'll see those manly hairs staring back at you. It was very easy to use, you just hold it to your skin until the green light shows on the back, hit the button, and zap the red light goes off on your skin and then you can move onto the next area of that you are doing. It's very easy to use. The hardest bit of using the device is getting 'contact' with the device on your skin, but once you've got that mastered there's no stopping you.

I've used it on my underarms, legs, facial area. All have had good results, especially with my underarms and legs where hair growth as considerably stopped growing, and I barely have to shave anymore. My moustache is proving more of a task. The hair has decreased by around 75% which is fantastic but I won't be completely satisfied until it's all gone. I know it won't be many more sessions and it will be complete.

It's worth pointing out this is not a one time thing and you are hairless, it's a process you need to follow once every 2 weeks or so, and then when the hair growth is slowing down you can do it less often just to keep up on it. Usually it takes around 5-6 sessions until you are 'hair free', once you are don't think you can just stop using it forever because you will still need to do it, just a lot less often - monthly.

It's not painful, unless it's on area's such as your knees, ankles, some parts of the bikini area. It's not an intense pain it's more of an 'Oooh' but totally bare able! Don't let this put you off its nothing to worry about.

This particular model comes with 2 attachments. One for larger areas such as the legs (makes the process a lot quicker as you cover a greater area) and one for sensitive areas such as underarms and facial hair. I always change mine as you can notice the difference. I once used the larger one on my underarms, never again, was a bit too intense.
It comes with different pulse intensity settings 5-1, lowering this will reduce the 'pain' factor, but I don't use it unless it's on a 4 or 5 as I feel it reduces the hair killing process.

I hope this review was helpful to someone. It really is worth the money and will change your life if your a hairy Mary like me.
on 22 March 2017
I very rarely write reviews but I just had to leave one for this product. Having spent (I kid you not) YEARS debating whether or not to buy this product, the price being a major factor, I finally bit the bullet and got one. I was initially sceptic as I didn't think anything other than laser hair removal treatment would actually work, however after the first cycle I immediately noticed a difference in the hair regrowth. I've just finished my fifth cycle and I'm just amazed at effective it is and how little hair has grown back! I'm now kicking myself for not buying one sooner. So for any doubters out there, do not hesitate, although pricey, it certainly earns it worth!
on 7 October 2016
I have been using this as directed for 6 months and it has not seemed to work at all. There is no difference.
I'm not sure if my lumea is just faulty or if this is all philips hair removals.
I would have liked a replacement or refund.
Not happy unfortunately after spending a lot of money