- See the top-rated IPL hair removal systems in our IPL hair removal reviews.
Philips Lumea Prestige SC2006/11 IPL Hair Removal System for Face and Body
|You Save:||£50.01 (11%)|
- Around 88,000 UK women staying hair-free with Lumea
- Effective: over 75 per cent reduction in hair regrowth in just eight weeks
- Fast: 4 cm sq application window with slide and flash mode for even faster application as well as step and flash mode for precision treatment
- Convenient: salon IPL technology for home use - cordless, no lamps, gels or accessories needed
- Versatile: For face, legs, arms, bikini area and underarms. Five settings - for most skin tones and hair colours
There is a newer version of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Legal DisclaimerUnless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights.
Philips Lumea Precision Plus SC2006/11 IPL Hair Removal System for Face and Body
Enjoy the Freedom of Hair Free Skin Every Day
Lumea offers one solution to replace waxing, shaving, creams, gels and epilators. If you are looking for a safe, fast and painless solution to unwanted hair with lasting results, the Philips Lumea SC2006/11 is the right choice. Using Advanced Intense Pulsed Light technology (IPL), with tracking system to treat large areas, you simply glide the device over the skin you want to treat, smoothly and quickly. To treat curvy areas or targeted zones, such as bikini line, you have the option of Step and Flash mode too. As well as being effective for legs, arms, back and tummy, Lumea comes with a specially designed precision attachment for use on the face and other sensitive areas.
With the backing of 12 years' experience* in IPL technology, you can trust Philips Lumea to give you smooth hair free skin with lasting results.
Philips clinical studies have shown significant hair reduction in as little as two fortnightly treatments, with optimal hair-free results achieved after four to five fortnightly treatments**. To maintain these results, simply repeat treatment every four to six weeks. Time between treatments may vary based on your individual hair regrowth.
Application Areas and Treatment Time
Use with confidence to remove hair on all body parts including legs, underarm, bikini area, stomach and arms.
- Face: One minute
- Underarms: One minute per side
- Entire bikini area: Four minutes
- On lower leg: Eight minutes
- One full leg: 15 minutes
Philips Lumea uses a light-based technology called IPL (Intense Pulsed Light), derived from the technology used in professional beauty salons. Philips has adapted this technology for safe and effective use in the comfort of your own home. Philips worked closely with skin care experts to develop this technology, carrying out extensive consumer research on IPL technology with over 2,000 women.
Five Light Energy Settings
Philips Lumea has five adjustable light energy settings to ensure gentle but effective treatment. Used correctly, Philips Lumea's IPL treatment is safe and gentle to use even on sensitive skin and sensitive body areas.
Cordless Convenience With No rReplacement Parts Needed
Lumea's cordless design is ideal for treating the areas you want, when you want. Philips Lumea is a complete solution that comes ready to work right out of the box. More importantly, it does not require any replacement lamps or gels.
Fast treatment on Legs with Slide and Flash Mode
Lumea SC2006 has a wide treatment area with its body attachment that has a 4 cm window. This enables fast treatment on large areas like legs, with treatment on one lower leg now taking just eight minutes. Main application mode enables sliding motion for a more convenient and continuous application.
No Replacement Parts Needed
Philips Lumea is a complete solution that comes ready to work straight out of the box. More importantly, it does not require any replacement lamps or gels.
Lumea is equipped with an integrated UV filter to protect your skin from UV light. It also has an integrated safety system to prevent unintentional flashing. Lumea SC2006 has a lifetime of 100,000 flashes, for endless use.
How does Philips Lumea Prevent Hair Growth?
Gentle pulses of light are applied directly to the hair. The melanin in the hair and hair root absorbs the light pulses. This process results in the follicle going into a resting phase. The hair sheds naturally and regrowth is inhibited. A simple and gentle treatment once every two to four weeks will prevent hair roots from becoming active again and prevent new hair from growing back.
Five Steps to Everlasting Smoothness:
1. Pre-shave the treatment area to ensure the light energy is channeled in the most efficient way to the follicle. This is only required for the first few treatments.
2. Consult the skin and hair type matrix and select the light intensity suitable for your skin tone and body hair colour.
3. Apply gentle pulses of light to the hair. The light produces heat in the hair, which is transferred to the hair follicle. This stimulates the hair follicle to go into a resting phase.
4. As a consequence, the hair sheds naturally and hair regrowth is inhibited.
5. To prevent hairs from growing back, the treatment must be repeated every two weeks (or every month for legs) which will progressively reduce hair regrowth to a minimum.
Is Lumea Right For Me?
Philips Lumea works effectively on (naturally) dark-blonde, brown and black hair. As with other light-based treatments, it is not suitable for (naturally) red, grey and light blonde hair or for very dark skin types. Please consult the comparison table to determine which light intensities are most suitable for your skin and body hair colour and to check if this method is suitable for you at all (if it is not, this is indicated with an x).
Unfortunately, Philips Lumea is not designed for everyone. If any of the following is true for you, then this appliance is not suitable for you to use.
- If your natural hair colour in the treatment areas is light blonde, white, grey or red.
- If you have naturally dark brown or very dark brown skin, you rarely or never get sunburnt and you tan very darkly. In this case you run a high risk of developing skin reactions such as strong redness, burns or discolouration when you use Philips Lumea.
- Philips Lumea has been optimised for use by women but recent research showed that it can be used by men on most areas of the body, except the beard and scrotum.
- There are medications and health conditions that may lead to adverse reactions when you use Philips Lumea.
Which Philips Lumea is Right For Me?
Philips Lumea Compact SC1981/00
Philips Lumea Essential SC1991/00
Philips Lumea SC2004/11
Philips Lumea Precision Plus SC2006/11
|Step & Flash: For individual placement treatment, and for curvy areas||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Slide & Flash: For smooth, speedy application||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Recharge time||n/a||n/a||100 mins||100 mins|
|Running time||n/a||n/a||370 flashes||370 flashes|
|Application window||2.7 cm window||4 cm window||4 cm window||4 cm body + 2 cm facial attachment|
|Speed of each treatment|
|Face||2.5 minutes||n/a||n/a||1 minute|
|One underarm||1.5 minute||1 minute||1 minute||1 minute|
|Entire bikini area||5 minutes||4 minutes||4 minutes||4 minutes|
|One lower leg||11 minutes||8 minutes||8 minutes||8 minutes|
|One full leg||20 minutes||15 minutes||15 minutes||15 minutes|
*Based on sales data less returns since launch till 2nd October 2014
**Simply repeat treatment as necessary to prevent re-growth.
1 x SC2006 handle
1 x body attachment
1 x Precision attachment
1 x storage pouch
1 x power adapter
1x user manual
Two year guarantee
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
I recommend it.