- See the top-rated IPL hair removal systems in our IPL hair removal reviews.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
Philips Lumea Prestige IPL Hair Removal Device for Body, Face, Bikini & Underarms - BRI956/00
Order it now.
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enjoy up to 8 weeks* of smooth, hair free skin, as chosen by over one million women
- Up to 92% hair reduction in just 3 treatments**
- The world's first IPL with curved attachments for each body area - 4 attachments for body, face, bikini & underarms
- The SmartSkin sensor advises the best setting for your skin tone, helping you to achieve optimal results
- The only Lumea device with corded and cordless functionality
- Voltage: 100-240 V
- Adapter: 19.5 V / 4000 mA
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Legal DisclaimerUnless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights.
Inspired by the uniqueness of different body areas, Philips Lumea Prestige offers specialised attachments designed to meet the needs of different body areas, The attachments are shaped for optimal skin contact and effectiveness, with bespoke window sizes and filters for ultimate precision on each area. Note: If the device is not fully charged when you start a treatment, the battery will run out during a full body treatment. We advise you to always fully charge the device before you start a treatment or to use it corded. Fully charge the batteries before you use the device for the first time and when the batteries are empty. Fully charging the batteries takes up to 1 hour and 40 minutes. Charge the device when the charging light lights up orange during use to indicate that the battery is low and will run out soon. Fully charged batteries provide at least 130 flashes at light intensity 5. Fully charge the device every 3 to 4 months, even if you do not use the appliance for a longer time. Charging the device: 1 Switch off the device. 2 Insert the small plug into the device and put the adapter in the wall socket. -- The charging light flashes white to indicate that the appliance is charging. -- When the batteries are fully charged, the charging light lights up white continuously. Notes: The adapter and the appliance feel warm during charging. This is normal. Note: This device is equipped with battery-overheat protection and does not charge if the room temperature exceeds 40°C. -- Never cover the appliance and device during charging. 3 After charging, remove the adapter from the wall socket and pull the small plug out of the device. Note:The battery functionality is not enough for a full body treatment.
This Philips Lumea Prestige IPL comes with body, face, underarm and bikini attachments plus a luxurious travel pouch. It also includes a power adapter and user manual.And as always, our products have a 2 year warranty.
From the manufacturer
Discover Philips Lumea: the No1. Brand in IPL*
Lumea IPL technology.
Philips Lumea uses an innovative light based technology called Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) to break the cycle of hair regrowth. Gentle pulses of light are applied at the root and, after several treatments, hair is prevented from growing back.
Philips Lumea, derived from salon professional IPL technology, makes it possible to remove hair safely, effectively and easily at home. Philips Lumea Prestige is the culmination of 14 years of research and development in collaboration with some of the leading dermatologists.
IPL device with curved attachments for each body area
Inspired by the uniqueness of each body area, Philips Lumea Prestige features specifically designed attachments to best suit the needs of the different body areas. The attachments are shaped for optimal skin contact and effectiveness, with bespoke window sizes and filters for ultimate precision. The large, curved body attachment offers fast and effective treatment on larger areas (8.5 min to treat lower legs**), while the small face attachment provides gentle and precise treatment for the upper lip, chin and jawline. The bikini and underarms attachments are specially curved to match those delicate areas and ensure maximum comfort and effectiveness.
* Source: Market leader research institute, retail value MAT Aug’16, per IPL category UK.
** When used corded, time indication for highest energy setting.
*** When following the treatment schedule, measured on legs, after 3rd treatment, individual results may vary.
**** Terms apply. Please see Philips website for more information.
Calculated for use on lower legs, bikini, armpits and face.
Why Choose Philips Lumea Prestige?
- Up to 92 per cent hair reduction in just 3 treatments***.
- Philips Lumea is the No1 IPL brand in the UK*.
- Expert IPL technology is a safe and effective way to help prevent hair from growing back - eye protection goggles are not required for use.
- No replacement lamp needed – lamp lasts for up to 20 years.
- Lumea App offers the step by step guidance and support and creates a personal treatment plan for you for each body area.
Suitable Hair And Skin Types
Philips Lumea Prestige works effectively on a wide variety of hair and skin types - from naturally dark blonde, brown and black coloured hairs and on skin tones from very white to dark brown. As with other IPL based treatments, Philips Lumea cannot be used to treat white / grey, light blonde or red hair and is not suitable for very dark skin. This is due to the high contrast required between the pigment in hair colour and pigment in the skin tone.
Studies show up to 92 per cent hair reduction in just 3 treatments***, resulting in smooth, hair-free skin. To maintain results, touch-up every 4 to 8 weeks.
The SmartSkin sensor advises the best setting for your skin tone, anytime you want.
Cordless and Corded Use
Philips Lumea Prestige is our only IPL device that can be used with or without cord for complete convenience. Use cordless for full freedom of movement and plug in when needed for treatment with no interruptions.
Don’t forget to fully charge your device every 3 to 4 months even if you don’t use it for a longer time.
The large, curved-in design of the attachment allows you to follow your body contours for effective treatment of areas such as legs, arms and stomach. Its 4.1cm2 window size allows you to treat both lower legs in only 8.5 minutes*. 83 per cent of women satisfied with hair reduction on legs**.
* When used corded, time indication for highest energy setting.
** Study conducted in Netherlands and Austria, 46 women, after 3 treatments on legs.
|Product description||IPL with 4 uniquely designed attachments for body, face, bikini & underarms||IPL with 2 uniquely designed attachments for body & face||IPL with 3 specific attachments for body, face & bikini||Compact IPL solution for body & face|
|Hair reduction||92% in 3 treatments*||92% in 3 treatments*||75% in 4 treatments**||75% in 4 treatments**|
|Suitability for skin types||I-V||I-V||I-IV||I-IV|
|Attachments||Body (curved), face (curved), bikini (curved), underarms (curved)||Body (curved), face (curved||Body, face, bikini||-|
|Speed for 2 lower legs||8.5 mins (corded), 15 mins (cordless)||8.5 mins (corded), 15 mins (cordless)||15 mins||16 mins|
|Usage||Corded & cordless||Corded & cordless||Corded||Corded|
|Lamp lifetime||Up to 20 years of use***||Up to 20 years of use***||Up to 20 years of use***||Up to 15 years of use***|
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I am of Indian heritage; I have brown skin ➡︎ Skin (and hair) colour is very important when it comes to using IPL.
This iteration of the Philips Lumea has a skin tone detector on it, for the first time.
(Very impressive, futuristic technology!) I "scanned" my skin and it said that I should use setting 3.
Some people are saying it's not painful to use. That's not true, at least for me. (In other words, it does actually hurt!)
Setting 1 - no pain, weakest setting
Setting 2 - very slight heat sensation
Setting 3 - max for my skin tone; a little painful on most parts, but EXTREMELY painful on upper thighs (for some reason)
Setting 5 - Max strength (most painful)
Now, perhaps I am experiencing pain where others aren't because I have darker skin?
(I've had IPL before, at a clinic, and was told that pain is normal.)
NO HAIR REMOVAL
Now technically, this device doesn't actually remove ANY hair. It prevents / slows re-growth. (This is in contrast to IPL I had at a clinic, where the hair does fall out by itself on the second/third treatment.)
So, basically if you want this device to get bikini ready, know this:
- YOU STILL have to shave!
- You have to zap yourself over 10 weeks before you really start to see a difference.
- What this device is good for: makes hair REgrowth less aggressive
After ten weeks of use, I can report that the hair does actually grow back a little slower & finer BUT I still have to shave. There are patches of hair that grow as normal, and there are "bald" patches.
On the marketing video on this page, Philips boasts about the machine's effectiveness. However, the time period is in very tiny small print. A casual shopper browsing this page might not realise the video is arguably DECEPTIVE / MISLEADING to boost sales.
WHO THIS ISN'T FOR
There's stuff inside the box (in the manual) that tells you what this device should NOT be used on. Why isn't this information isn't on the box as well — the cynic in me wonders if it is it because it would hurt sales?
• DO NOT use this on nipples or labia (it will cause burns!) (labia means "fanny lips", to put it crudely)
• Manual says don't use on beard area (relevant to transgender women) (presumably Philips are saying this because it ineffective rather than dangerous)
TO QUOTE PHILIPS
Here are some things from page 10 of the manual:
Philips say "NEVER use the device on the following areas":
🚫 "Around the eyes and on or near the eyebrows"
🚫 "On lips, nipples, areolas, labia minora, vagina, anus and the inside of the nostrils and ears".
🚫 "Men must not use the device on the face and neck including all beard growing area, nor on the whole genital area" [take note ⚧ transgender people]
In other words:
● men, if you're considering getting this to reduce beard hair then don't bother!
● Ladies, if you're considering using this to reduce hair around your minge then this ain't for you.
If you want serious hair removal, then go for laser. (Not IPL)
(It can only be done at a clinic and is very expensive. And painful! But it WORKS.)
IPL is a decent compromise. You can do at-home IPL (using this product) or at a clinic, where they will use a more powerful machine.
KNOW THIS : there's a chance you'll experience hair reduction, but that's the BEST CASE SCENARIO. Philips legally cover their arses by saying "results may vary" in the tiny small print. (In other words, what I'm saying is, don't spend money that you can't afford to lose… there is a risk this whole thing will be a waste of time and money for you..)
🏆 I think this product is worthy of 3 stars (or more), HOWEVER I'm docking marks for the omission of information & misrepresentation.
Shame on Philips for essentially lying:
In their video, with the slim brunette lady dancing around, they claim you can zap "2 lower legs in 8.5 mins" [to achieve certain results]. A viewer watching this video would easily miss the small print that :
1. This is based on "corded use". So, presumably the device must be running from the mains in order to achieve maximum effectiveness ? (The lady in the video is using it cordless..)
2. This is based on the highest energy setting — that would be painful. The lady wouldn't be smiling, she would be in considerable discomfort! (You can use it on the lowest setting if you want — that is completely painless but it also doesn't seem to affect hair growth much. )
Unboxing photos & videos.
do I smell a conflict of interest here...
I don't know whether it's Amazon or Phillips who want to launch this product- I was genuinely looking in buying the product until- I saw the reviews- I would have bought it if vine reviews were in ratio of 10 genuine reviews and 1 vine review.. not the other way round!
Results 7 days after third treatment:
- areas with thick black hair and skin tone (3) (armpits, legs, bikini) have a few lonely hairs standing.
- areas with thick black hair and skin tone (4) (full Brazilian wax area) are mostly gone but have some hairy patches here and there. I'm surprised this device used on max setting did not harm the delicate skin on outer labia, the hairs on the "inside" part that are impossible to wax are completely gone.
- areas with thin dark hair and skin tone (3) (stomach, upper lip) are natural looking - only very thin hairs are present, the skin doesn't look shaved (I am so glad there is no "bald spot next to hairy spot" situation happening)
SECOND TREATMENT: This time I used setting (5) everywhere because I felt my skin would not be harmed by the product. It hurt only in some areas but I waxed for so many years, pain is my friend at this point.
Results 10 days after second treatment:
- areas with thick black hair and skin tone (3) (armpits, legs, bikini) have a few patches left.
- areas with thick black hair and skin tone (4) (full Brazilian wax area) are present in more than 50% of the area - I did use a lower setting last time.
- areas with thin dark hair and skin tone (3) (stomach, upper lip, chin) some dark hairs are still present but it looks presentable and I don't need to remove hair until the next session.
FIRST TREATMENT: 10 days after first use hairs grew as usual as when they are shaved. The product claimed that hairs would naturally shed, so I pulled some and they came right off:
- areas with thick black hair and skin tone (3) treated with setting (5) have the most hairs naturally shedding.
- areas with thick black hair and skin tone (4) treated with setting (3) have no noticeable results yet.
- areas with thin dark hair and skin tone (3) treated with setting (5) have no noticeable results yet.
*Will update review after 4 treatments*
The 3 star rating of the product is because:
- Skin sensor button doesn't work, as shown in the video - as it appears others who bought it on Black Friday have the same problem.
- It is still quite pricey - they charge way too much for the 'luxury' of having face, bikini and armpit attachments.
- It is painfully slow to do all the areas I need - around 2 hours for all areas used corded.
- A larger working area or faster flashes are needed in the next model.
Most recent customer reviews