on 14 June 2017
This is simply the BEST product I have brought hands down. I always recommend it to my friends that complain of having to shave, wax or epilate. It is worth every single penny. Ive now owned this for 2 years so i believe to be in a good position to write a review. The best thing about this is you always have NO HAIR. As when you begin using this product you need to be hair free / shaved in the areas you want to use this. After 2 months of using this once a week (which is more than recommended) I was hair free and now only need to use this once per month to upkeep. If you can initially put up with shaving for the first two months that is the only possible 'put off' the it leads to a hair free no shadow look forever more! The reason i hated waxing was there had to be hair to be waxed. I could not bear that. With this that is not necessary. I tried an epilator but that only caused pain and a lot of ingrown hairs...again - unbearable! The Phillips Lumea is pain free and quick to use: under arms are literally done in 2 mins max. I also use this on my upper lip and full bikini and have never had any issues. Although with the more delicate area do not use two light flashes on the same place as this can hurt and you do not need to do this anyway. The amount of money you save from not going to a salon for waxing or IPL is phenomenal! As I said i have had this 2 years now and its still going strong. When it runs out of flashes I will absolutely replace it with another one!
on 1 April 2017
I have southeast Asian skin but am pretty fair. LOVE this! Best thing I have spent money on !! Works great and u will see results writhing 2-3 weeks if u have thick dark hair!
My arms don't have thick hair so results weren't as good... But shaving a day before doing seemed like it worked better..
on 18 May 2015
A bit expensive but worth the money. I have used it for some time and most of my hair has disappeared. I have only one patch that is stubborn but I am sure I will get it soon. Read the instructions before use please
on 15 May 2017
This is an amazing tool. I only wished I had it years ago. I have thick brown hair and my legs were hairier than my husbands😂 This has reduced my hair by about 80% I only have to shave now once a week and that's only if I want to look my best!!
on 2 June 2017
great
on 11 September 2014
Absolutely amazing. After just 2 applications/ 4 weeks I started to see a marked reduction in hair growth.
I used it on the classical areas with protection glasses which I recommend for the flash. It is pain free and only sends out a short pulse of warmth.
Looking forward to the long term use! I recommend it very much.
Dr B Best
on 13 February 2016
Perfect. Very helpful. Thank You.
on 18 May 2017
:D
on 18 February 2014
I wish I had bought this sooner. I'm Asian (Indian) and have suffered with facial hair for a long time. I've had professional laser, IPL and electrolysis over the years. I've tried trimming the hair, bleaching it, you name it I've done it. The professional treatments worked for a while but the hair always came back. It really started to affect my mood and confidence, every time I saw myself in a mirror it was the only thing I saw. I deliberated for a long time about buying this as it isn't cheap and I wasn't sure if it would work on my skin tone or not. I tried to do as much research as I could but there wasn't a lot out there about using it with Asian skin.

It arrived quickly and in good condition. Its easy to use although I do have to contort my face/neck to make sure there is good contact. I did a test patch with no reaction so went ahead and treated my lower face and neck. I use setting 4 after trying 3 and 4 in the patch test. There was a very mild sensation only, no stinging, no reaction or redness to the skin either. The way the handset is, its quite easy for the setting to be altered inadvertently. Occasionally it has gone up to 5 by accident and I've done a couple of flashes before realising. It feels stronger on 5, not sore but more noticeable. I haven't had any reactions even on level 5, I probably could treat at this level but don't want to risk damaging my skin or go against the guidelines.

I've done 4 treatments now, 2 weeks between each. I plan to do another treatment in 2 weeks then increase the interval between treatments. The difference is truly amazing, there is virtually NO HAIR even prior to needing the next treatment. I can't believe I waited so long to get this. I wear my hair up now as I'm not worried about trying to cover my facial hair. I'm writing this review to help anyone else with facial hair decide whether this is right for them or not. I understand that this device merely 'stuns' the hair follicle into not growing and if I were to stop then the hair would return.....I think that's probably what has happened with previous professional treatments. The relief of having an easy, quick, home solution to this problem really is amazing.

It is a lot of money but I will definitely replace the unit as and when necessary, unless something better comes on the market by then. It works out far cheaper than professional treatment and is as effective (from my point of view anyway).
1414 Comments| 329 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 August 2014