on 21 December 2015
IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) technology is used to reduce hair growth on your face and body; body and precision attachments are provided. It’s totally painless (though can sting so maybe not pain-free after all) and the results will last much longer than waxing or shaving. It uses the same technology found in beauty salons all over the world, so you can have professional results from the comfort of your own home, and for a fraction of the cost. It has a 140,000 light pulse life time, so you won’t ever need to buy replacement bulbs. It is adjustable for all skin and hair types (the darker the hair, the higher the flash), though you should consult the guide and previous experiences if you do have very dark skin.

It is recommended that you shave the areas you are treating as opposed to waxing, threading or tweezing as specialists say hair follicles should be healthy, and these hair removal alternatives can cause damage which will make your unwanted hair less responsive to treatment. You can not bask in the sun after treatment and it's best not to apply many products (makeup) to the areas-I let my skin breathe.

This machine worked for me, though I was slightly cautious after reading a load of poor reviews online. Just remember that bad news tends to travels faster than good news; people are most likely going to share their displeasing experiences.
on 29 January 2016
This IPL Hair Removal System does reduce the hair growth but it does take a lot time and effort. It is however hassle free in the sense of powering on and charging the battery, plus the charge keeps for a few uses.

The lasers can be painful at times on sensitive areas, but its not scary to use and you do get used to it.

I would recommend this product but don't expect it to change your life if you don't put in the effort. For me, as I travel quite a but I had to take breaks from using this product as they don't recommend you use it if you have tanned in natural sunlight for a good 6 weeks I think. Therefore this kept breaking my routine.
on 2 March 2013
I regularly have had to use salons for IPL treatments which at £90 a time has been very expensive so I decided to invest in this product. I can honestly say it does work and I have been very pleased with the results, which have been just the same as visiting the salon. The unit has already paid for itself by saving me a lot of money. If you follow the instructions in the book then it should be fine, but people need to be aware IPL doesn't work on light coloured hairs. I have even been successfull using it under my arms which I thought might be a problem but it wasn't. So glad I bought it and Amazon was £100 cheaper than other retailers I had looked at.
on 28 December 2016
Great product! I suffer from small dark hairs on my face. I've always been self conscious about these and would always wear scarves to try to hide my face. This has made the hairs grow slower and reduce the appearance when they do. It does suggest you shave the area but I was hesitant, instead I just 'trim' them down so no rash may appear. I would recommend it for anyone who suffers from dark facial hair!
on 17 November 2014
I bought this item two years ago and am quite disappointed. Although the hair regrowth on my face has slowed, it has not really been dealt with to my satisfaction- I still have to use my shaver everyday.
As if this isn't enough disappointment whilst still looking brand new this product has died! TWO YEARS OLD, IMMACULATE AND WELL LOOKED AFTER but after just two years this very expensive item is heading for the bin!!!!
Save your money, overcome your embarrassment and get a professional to do the hair removing.
on 12 March 2016
I was hesitating to order this as to weather it would work for me as I'm Asian with darkish skin and no laser worked on me,but after a year of using this lumea,course thick dark hair has gone from my chin and its been worth buying.
But I have to stress that if you have course dark black hair to zap away then it will take on average a year and will lessen in 6 mths.
Over all I will deffo buy another or and updated model once this runs out.....a very happy me :)
on 24 March 2013
OMG, it works, have used it twice on underarms and face, the last time over one on ago, no need to use it at the moment. I had 6 salon sessions on my face and the results of this machine are just as good, plus avoiding £60 per time. It's easy to use and very convenient.

I had previously bought a different machine through a shopping channel with non existent results.

This is the one
on 10 June 2013
I have noticed a difference with this, but not as much as I had hoped. As well as having dark hairs on my chin and legs I have quite a few light coloured ones. 4 treatments in and it is making a difference but its not worked as well as I had hoped for the price. Particularly on the chin area. Whether this will change with another 2 treatments I don't know. I am keeping my fingers crossed. After years of not shaving but waxing or using an epilator I do find the need to shave my legs before a treatment uncomfortable for a couple of days. Also, although only a size 12 I do have chunky legs and it takes me longer than the suggested times to use the Lumea. I would say 3 charges to do both legs fully.
on 23 October 2015
The amount of time and effort using this machine far outweighed the patchy benefits. It did work in certain areas and didn't work at all in others, so I ended up with patches of hair on my legs. I gave up on it after several months when I realised I'd lost far more money using it than I had hair.
on 15 September 2016
It worked fine until i got pregnant and i had to stop using it. Even if i still charged it regularly it randomly stopped working. So i wasnt really able to see results. Im really upset and since it was just out the warranty because of pregnancy and breastfeeding, it was a huge waste of money