- Philips is pleased to offer you a 24 month exchange or repair warranty on this product within the European Union. Please contact Philips on 02079490240 (UK) or 015245443 (Ireland) for any assistance relating to the warranty, troubleshooting or hints and tips.
- See the top-rated electric toothbrushes in our electric toothbrush reviews.
- Visit the Philips Health & Beauty Store for the latest offers on Philips men's shavers, electric toothbrushes, female hair removal and health care range.
- Also check our best rated Sonic Toothbrush reviews
- All Philips Sonicare electric toothbrushes should be charged for at least 24 hours before first use. For more information please refer to the 'charging instructions' in 'User Manual' provided with every Sonicare electric toothbrush. To keep the battery fully charged at all times, you may keep your Sonicare on the charger when not in use.
- This product comes with a two-pin UK plug that is only suitable for two-pin UK electrical sockets, which are often found in bathrooms. A three-pin UK adaptor is necessary for use in standard UK three-pin electrical sockets. Click here to browse three-pin UK adaptors at Amazon.co.uk. (Page will open in a new tab.)
Philips Sonicare for Kids HX6311/02 Rechargeable Toothbrush
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Sonicare for kids electric toothbrush helps your child gently and effectively clean deep between teeth and along the gum line
- Starting from 1 minute, the toothbrush extends brushing time each day until the dentist recommended time of 2 minutes is reached
- Designed for growing kids in order to encourage healthy habits and deliver good results, even when they are brushing on their own
- Interchangeable colourful panels so kids can customise their toothbrush and fun sounds to encourage them to brush the front and back of both upper and lower teeth
- Gentle cleaning that's right for different ages, the low mode is for ages 4+ and high mode for 7+
- This product comes with a 2-pin UK plug
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Legal DisclaimerUnless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights.
|Make Brushing Fun |
The Philips Sonicare for kids HX6311 rechargeable electric toothbrush has been expertly designed for growing kids in order to encourage healthy habits and deliver outstanding results - even when they are brushing on their own.
Mirror, Mirror On The Wall, Who’s The Good Little Brusher Of Them All?
Whether your child brushes independently or still needs assistance, toothbrush time should be a pleasure, not a battlefield. After all, it’s something they need to do two times a day. And of course, the longer they brush, the better it is for their teeth and gums. You can help make brushing something they look forward to by making it fun and special, play music they like, give them compliments when they’ve done a good job, or make a cute brushing ‘schedule’ on which they can put a sticker or colour in a square every time they brush.
Bad Brushing is Unhealthy Too
Not brushing is unhealthy, but so is brushing badly. When plaque is not effectively removed it will, sooner or later, have a negative impact on oral hygiene and the health of the teeth and gums. Plaque that remains in the mouth provides an ideal breeding ground for bacteria that produce acids which attack tooth enamel. The gums are also sensitive to these bacteria, and can become irritated and inflamed if teeth are not properly cleaned.
|Power Modes |
Two kid-friendly power modes adapt to different ages providing a gentle clean that's ideal for different ages. There is a low mode for ages four to six and a high mode for ages seven and older.
Age-Appropriate Brush Heads
The Philips Sonicare for kids HX6311/02 recharegeable electric toothbrush is designed to deliver optimal results for both young and independent brushers.
|KidPacer Feature |
The fun sounds of the Sonicare for kids toothbrush encourage children to brush the front and back of both upper and lower teeth.
Patented Sonic Technology
This Sonic technology helps your child gently and effectively clean deep between teeth and along the gumline. Sonicare’s patented bristle tip velocity is what sets it apart. The carefully researched and patented combination of 31,000 brush strokes per minute, along with the specific reach of the brush head as it sweeps back and forth, are what create Sonicare’s dynamic fluid forces. You can see how these fluid forces work by placing the Sonicare in a glass of water and turning it on.
|Interchangeable Panels |
The Sonicare for kids HX6311/02 allows children to customise their toothbrush with a choice of three fun, colourful, interchangeable panels.
The sturdy handle design of the toothbrush allows kids to store it upright as well as apply toothpaste while the toothbrush is laying flat.
An ergonomically designed handle enables parents and kids to brush together or on their own.
The Sonicare for kids HX6311/02 increases brushing time slowly over 90 days, building towards the dentist-recommended two minutes.
Philips' Sonicare for kids is a rechargeable toothbrush and does not need any batteries.
|Step-by-Step To Independent Brushing |
You know better than anyone whether your child is ready to start learning to brush on their own. Sometimes they may even announce when they think it’s time themselves! Obviously you’ll want to encourage this step towards independence, but be aware that it’s important at first to keep checking that they’re indeed brushing well. Younger children in particular don't always have the necessary motor skills to get their teeth as clean as they should be. Keep an eye on how they hold the toothbrush, and whether or not they miss difficult-to-reach places. Continue to give pointers or assistance, or a brief ‘after-brush’ yourself, until you’re satisfied they’re brushing properly.
Working Together For Your Child's Future Health
During your next visit to the dentist or oral hygienist, ask if they'll show your child in the special oral mirror the places he or she needs to pay special attention to. Together, you can help your child achieve the healthiest results. But good brushing isn’t the only requirement for good oral health. What your child eats and drinks is important too. Establishing a healthy and balanced diet with a minimum of sugar will make an important contribution to the future health of your child’s teeth and gums.
|Research Results |
Before launching the Sonicare for kids toothbrush onto the market, Philips tested the brush among the children of US dental professionals: 93 per cent of the parents were highly satisfied and a significant 89 per cent of the children said they preferred the Sonicare for kids to their previous toothbrush.
Encourage Healthy Brushing On Their Own
As a parent or guardian, you want to encourage and support your child in everything that he or she needs to learn for a healthy future. One example is teaching them to brush their teeth properly on their own. How can you be sure your child is brushing thoroughly, even in all those places that are hard to reach and clean? Philips understands that parents want to encourage their children’s independence, but that they also are aware of the great importance of healthy teeth and gums. That’s why we’ve developed Sonicare for kids. In a very child-friendly way, this rechargeable sonic toothbrush ensures brushing results that you, your child, and your dentist will be proud of.
This toothbrush comes with a worldwide two-pin plug for use in standard two-pin bathroom sockets. It can also be used in a three-pin wall socket via a converter. Converter not included.
- 1 x Philips Sonicare for kids toothbrush
- 1 x User manual
- 1 x Two-year warranty
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
- Seems a good quality product - decent materials, feels solid and well put together
- Brush is colourful and attractive
- Rubberised grip is easy to hold
- Controls are easy to understand - one button to change between gentle and stronger vibration, one for on/off
- My dental hygenist tells me that this type of 'sonic' brush is the most effective type currently available
- The timing feature, which issues a little electronic tune to tell the child when to move on to a new part of their teeth, really works in helping instill a good brushing routine
- Different toothbrush sizes suit smaller and larger teeth/mouth
- Interchangeable covers are a bit gimmicky. They are adhesive, so I suspect they would not stand up to constant changing and would eventually fall off if treated this way. Fine if your kids are happy to settle on one colour and stick with it.
- Stand only has holders for 2 brushes, so if you have 3+ kids, other brushes will just have to lie around
- The brush vibrates extremely fast (which is why it is effective) but my youngest simply finds this too tickly and consequently (after initial enthusiasm) is now refusing to use it. Consider carefully before buying for a very young child.Read more ›
This product stopped working after 12 months!
Unlike my grown-up Sonicare, this one doesn't roll around when you lie it down flat which makes it easier for small people to put on the toothpaste themselves. A good idea! Never mind what it looks like, and how easy it is to put the toothpaste on though. The key thing with a toothbrush is how well it cleans teeth. Well, my children and I all agree that this gets 5 stars! There are two settings (selected by the bottom button), a gentle one for younger children/learners, and a more intense one for experts. We've started on the gentler one, and I think it is a good idea to ease gently into using an electric brush. My girls are happy for me to clean their teeth for them using this - much happier in fact than when I've been using an ordinary brush. At intervals, the toothbrush plays a little tune to tell you to move on to a different part of the mouth, and then when all four areas are covered, you get a longer tune and the brush turns itself off. The toothbrush gradually increases the time spent brushing over the first few uses until you are at the 2 minutes recommended by dentists. My girls have also been keen to try out cleaning their teeth on their own, and I was impressed by how easy it was for them - easier than a manual brush.Read more ›
Here is our history with Sonicare - please be assured we treat them well, they are not dropped or thrown about or used as a replacement for any DIY tools such as a hammer!
£150 on one for me - broke within 6 months, replaced by Amazon
Replacement one broke within 11 months - replaced by Amazon
Replacement one broke 18 months later - NOT replaced so had to purchase another one - chose the cheapest one they did this time
£150 one for my wife - broke after 9 months - replaced by Amazon
Replacement one broke after 15 months - Amazon would NOT replace so we purchased the cheaper version (around £50) and that has lasted this time
Kids one (as above)
£50 purchased Oct 2010 - broke and replaced in August 2011.
£50 purchased another for my eldest daughter in August 2011 as well
The one that we had replaced on Aug 2011 has now just broke - can't fix it and we're a month behind the return period
It cleans your teeth
Expensive, flawed design, will cost you a fortune in replacing them until you finally wake up and realise that Phillips must know about this and just rely on them lasting more than 12 months. Phillips have ignored all my emails asking for replacement units as they are simply not fit for purpose.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
my son had problems with teeth hygiene since we bought Philips sonicare for kids problem disappeared he really enjoys brushing his teeth and most important that his dentist said... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Kamil Kucab
Bought this for my daughter and it worked well for two years and then has been haphazard ever since - and then the on off button just stopped workingPublished 8 months ago by Dr. V. Taylor
Great toothbrush, does not spit or make the toothpaste fly off the brush like some.Published 11 months ago by Rachel Jeffries
My 7 year old twins love this easy to use toothbrush. The 30 second alarm helps ensure that all 4 quadrants of the teeth are given equal amounts of time. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Supermum3105
Bought this toothbrush a while ago, my son is still using it now. I would recommend it to anyone who's looking for a reliable, easy to use sonic toothbrush for a child.Published 12 months ago by R. HAYES
My child did not like this so bit the brush and bent the teal arm that operates the brushes so had to sling in binPublished 12 months ago by Shoptillyoudrop
Look for similar items by category
- Health & Personal Care > Dental Care > Children's Dental Care > Toothbrushes > Electric Toothbrushes & Accessories > Electric Toothbrushes > Sonic
- Health & Personal Care > Dental Care > Toothbrushes & Accessories > Electric Toothbrushes & Accessories > Electric Toothbrushes > Sonic
- Health & Personal Care > Health & Personal Care: Amazon Global Delivery Available
- Health & Personal Care > Philips > Toothbrushes & Accessories