Philips GC8220 Pressurised Steam System Iron 2000W
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- The extra large 1.4 l water tank reduces the need of refilling.
- Steam is ready at maximum level in 2 minutes.
- Continuous steam output up to 110 g/min.
- The iron is lightweight, making ironing easy and effortless.
- Up to 4.5 bars of steam pressure for fast ironing.
- Combining maximum steam output with high pressure, the steam penetrates deep into fabrics, giving exceptionally fast results, even on difficult fabrics.
- Steam boost up to 120 g/min helps to easily remove stubborn creases.
- The unique Steam Tip combines a particularly pointed front of the soleplate with special elongated steam slots in the tip, to reach right into the smallest and most difficult areas for the best ironing results.
- Continuous vertical steam: For use on hanging fabrics: Optimal vent pattern For the best steam distribution
- Smooth gliding: Careeza soleplate for exceptional gliding on all fabrics
- Overheat safety stop and prevents the boiler from overheating
- Stable heel rest keeps the iron stable when standing
- Four rubber feet ensure the stand does not slip
- Suitable for tap water
- Extra-large water inlet for fast, easy filling
- Steam trigger lock gives steam without needing to press down
- Extra-long cord for maximum reach
- Extra-long hose for maximum reach
- Crystal Clear water tank Highly visible water level
- Calc clean function - Simply rinse the boiler every 10 ironing sessions
- Inox boiler with external heating element - Calcium will not stick to the boiler wall.
- Cord & hose storage For a neat storage of cord and hose.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
The GC8220 is a compact powerful pressurized ironing system that produces non-stop steam to make ironing easier and faster. Thanks to the large 1.4L water tank you can iron without interruption. When the water tank is empty you can easily detach it and refill it immediately. The footprint of the base is not bigger than an A4 paper. The steam pressure up to 4.5 bar penetrates deep into the fibres giving an exceptionally fast and professional result. A constant steam rate up to 110g/min and Careeza soleplate with steam tip boost of up to 120g/min delivers excellent ironing results even in the most difficult to reach places.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
I actually HATE ironing and am ashamed to say that I usually iron as little as possible if I can get away with it, pulling things out of the ironing basket on a "need to wear" basis! However, after seeing my daughter with her new budget steam iron I decided to do some research for myself. And this is the one I decided upon. I'm so glad I did!
You can get budget priced steam generating irons at a about a third of the price of this one which, Im sure, work well. However, my research made me realise the points that I personally needed. These are:
1. Detachable water tank so I dont have to carry the whole thing to the sink to empty or fill
2. Variable steam pressure - there are 4 settings for steam so ironing more delicate or lighter fabrics is a breeze!
3. Mega shot of steam at 4.5bar pressure - WOW! This really gets the creases out of hard to iron cotton duvets and jeans without a hitch.
4. Option to dry iron - no problem
5. Minimum noise - the pump comes on only when needed for just a few seconds and is quite quiet - I had no problems listening to the radio and telly whilst ironing
6. The iron itself is a great shape and makes it easy to get between buttons or do shoulders of shirts etc.
7. Extra steam at the tip of the soleplate for those hard to reach places
8. Very very large water capacity - 1.4 litres. It ran for the full 2 hours without needing to be refilled - brilliant!Read more ›
The sole plate glides easily over the fabric and the steam pressure is great for getting out stubborn creases (even for sheets which have been dried in the tumble dryer).
I really do think this machine is well worth the money and I can't speak highly enough about it.
I ordered it on on Saturday evening via Amazon and received it Tuesday - Really pleased.
My first ever review, so here goes.....
Although a little bit more expensive, worth every penny. The best bits for me were the variable steam (4 choices, including no steam), and the button to 'lock' the steam, this enables you to switch off the steam very quickly - necessary for when rearranging clothes, also has a removable water tank so it is very convenient to refill. It is also ready to use in just a couple of minutes.
Probably the only (tiny) negative is that it is a little heavier than a normal steam iron, but everything else more than makes up for it. This is almost my best purchase ever!
After returning from holiday, I could not face the mountain of ironing, and was advised by my sister to get buy this stem generator. I am very pleased with the results as it has made life so much easier. Great product.
Philips GC8220 Pressurised Steam System Iron 2000W
My partner has some shirts that are murder to get the creases out-not with this iron! The end results are great.
It's worth every penny, I'd thoroughly recommend it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
On to the internet to research why my wife's iron kept turning itself off I find an article that says this is a common problem caused by a faulty capacitor in irons over 2 years... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Hatchorder
Not impressed, mine went wrong before the guarantee ran out, to be fair I got it repaired without having to pay but it does not do as good a job as the Tefal.Published 11 months ago by Mrs Helen Alves
This iron is very good at getting out creases
the water tank is nice and large so don't have to keep filling it up. Read more
I love this iron. It make ironing a pleasure!!!! Well.....better than before. It was a good purchase BUT after two years of use it started to leak from the plastic reservoir. Read morePublished on 18 Nov. 2012 by LYNN KENNINGTON
While this iron gets the job done and cuts down on ironing time, it isn't half noisy! When it is pressurising, you get a deafening droning noise that can last for up to 20 seconds. Read morePublished on 13 Feb. 2012 by David Turpin
I bought this from Amazon in April 2009 and was thrilled with it despite the high price. However, it has now stopped working properly (no steam coming through unless hose held in... Read morePublished on 13 Sept. 2011 by J. Baker
This iron has been a disaster. It's the water tank. We are on our third in 2.5 years and this has now fractured. Read morePublished on 2 May 2011 by lullaboo
A good product and effective ironer. Noise from tank fill pump, initially noticeable but subsequently not intrusive. Read morePublished on 12 Jan. 2011 by John DG Ledger
Philips GC8220 Pressurised Steam System Iron 2000Wbought this iron just under two years ago as the reviews said it was the best. Read morePublished on 15 Aug. 2010 by penelope