on 20 November 2016
This was a total waste of money. It is advertised as playing CD-R discs - it won't. It will play ordinary CDs but skips and jumps all the time and is therefore highly annoying. I wanted this to play CDs in my kitchen but only the radio works and I already have a radio *sigh* .........
33 Comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Not a terrible sound from this, not brilliant either, but for the price I am not complaining. It is ideal for what we wanted in our house, a radio or CD playing in the kitchen whilst cooking and preparing food. It gets knocked around a bit, so I didn't want to spend a fortune on something that could get splashed, pushed off the worktop or have food dropped on it.

It has a decent radio reception (area dependent) and it has all the usual CD functions. Easy to use and control and I am happy enough with it.
on 31 August 2016
I was initially satisfied with this product and would have given it 3 stars (you get what you pay for). The sound quality is pretty 'meh'.
After a day of use, however, I noticed that, when in standby, it makes an annoying high-pitch whine. This means that I have to unplug it every time I'm not using it, to escape this irritation. I use this product as speakers for my PC as well as a CD player, so having to unplug and re-plug it all the time is not ideal. The radio is screwed also, but I don't use it anyway.

It functions so I'm not sending it back, but I will if I discover one more gripe.
on 15 June 2016
I have now bought 2 of these from Amazon - the first one gave up working overnight (having worked perfectly the night before) within the first 6 months. Philips agreed to replace it for me. This then worked perfectly for about a year (just over so no longer under warranty) and has once again given up the ghost for no apparent reason They are k in my kids bedrooms but I think I'd spend a bit more next time as a year of very infrequent use (once or twice a week) isn't enough to justify the short life span. Disappointing
on 19 June 2013
Perfect for what I needed, just something small for the kitchen.
Great price for a great product.
Highly recommended item
0Comment| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 February 2016
It sounds absolutely fine but the LED display you can't see without a light on (it's not backlit or anything) and the buttons are all black and very hard to read even with the lights on - so not easy to use for anyone never mind the six year old we bought it for.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 10 February 2014
The CDs skip slighty when playing and turning the sound up to anything remotely loud results in a loud buzzing sound. The sound quality when it is not skipping or buzzing is fine. Only the front of the CD player is silver, the rest is white. If you are looking for cheap over quality then this is for you. It's the sort of player you would have knocking around a workshop or garage, not something you would want to sit and listen to for a quality listening experience.
on 8 April 2017
For a little girl boy perfect ,, my little girl can use it but I would say the buttons are hard too see play stop etc unless u get up close but use stickers if it's a problem ,, but basic and does the job!
on 23 April 2014
The CD player is fine and the speakers work well but the CD makes a loud 'hissing' noise as it spins. If you are playing your music loud it's fine as it's not as noticeable but I bought this CD player to play relaxing sleep music for my baby and the noise of the CD spinning is louder than the music! (not so relaxing!).
on 20 October 2016
Nice design with easy to use buttons for our two year old. It does sometimes skip over some songs but not very often. I felt it was worth keeping though.