Philips AS141 Docking System for Android
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Bluetooth wireless music streaming from Android device
- FM digital tuning with presets
- 20W RMS total output power
- Smartly designed FlexiDock to fit and charge Android phone
- Discover, share music & more features via free Fidelio app
- Supplied with a plug kit which includes a 2-pin and 3-pin option.
Customers Also Shopped For
Free your music and charge your Android phone
This system plays and charges your Android phone, and even wakes you up with songs from your phone or radio. Download the free Fidelio app that comes with Songbird music function to enjoy great music management and more unique features.FlexiDock
The Philips FlexiDock is perfect for Android phones. Its unique design cleverly docks most Android phones-whether the phone's connection socket is at the bottom, on the side or even on the top. This extreme flexibility is the first of its kind, catering for Android phones that are made by different manufacturers with no standardised position and orientation for the micro USB connection socket. The dock is also brilliantly adjustable, allowing the phone to be held in both portrait and landscape positions, which enables you to position your Android phone at the centre of the speaker.DockStudio app for Android
The free Philips DockStudio app brings a myriad of unique features to your docking speakers. You can listen to thousands of Internet radio stations worldwide, browse through your music collection and share what you are listening to with friends via Facebook, or photos of the artist on Flickr. The app comes with the Songbird music function, so you can discover, play and sync media seamlessly between PC and Android devices. In Clock mode, the app lets you set multiple customised music alarms and gives updated weather reports. Completely free, the app can be downloaded from the Android Market.Bluetooth music streaming
Listen to all your favourite songs on a speaker that delivers fabulous sound. This Fidelio docking speaker plays music from your Android devices via Bluetooth. Simply download the free Philips Fidelio app and the Bluetooth will automatically be turned on and connect once your device is docked. You get to enjoy powerful and outstanding sound, with unbeatable convenience
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It docks my Samsung Galaxy Note without me having to take the case off. Connecting all my devices via bluetooth was a breeze. It instantly connected to my Cowon Z2, my phone, my Samsung 50 music player and even my Ipod touch and will play music from all of these devices. You can use third party music players from the Play Store. I use Gonemad Music Player, Poweramp and PlayerPro, all of which work fine via bluetooth.
Surprisingly I have found the the sound quality is better via bluetooth than when a device is connected via the mp3 port at the back. I know this shouldn't be the case but it is!
Overall, for a small unit, I find the SQ very good. I do not find it at all 'tinny' as one reviewer wrote. The bass is warm and the trebles clear. Don't expect it to match up to your 'proper' hifi but for a bedside speaker it's certainly adequate. The SQ deteriorates slightly at higher volumes. I wouldn't get this dock if you want it to play loudly in your living room for example.
I will also point out that if your original recordings are poor quality then you will get a poor quality sound from this as with any speaker unit. All my music is ripped as 320mbps mp3s or as flac files and I recommend you do this too. It is definitely worth the effort.
I haven't used the radio so can't comment on that.
I also haven't used the Philips apps. There is no need to do this. Just use whatever music player you have installed on your device.
I hope this helps.
Oh and I can also confirm that the radio DOES work when a phone is docked. You just need to press the 'Source' button to select the radio. (And obviously turn the bluetooth off on the phone.)
The Fidelio app made for android isn't very good.. The weather backgrounds are too bright and light up the whole room. Also it runs with every usb cable and have a very limited "music as a alarm" properties.
- Connects any device via bluetooth or audio cable via headphone jack (supplied)
- Charges any (Android) device with micro USB socket. The rotating and moving connector means it doesn't matter where the socket is on the device or which way round it faces
- Very easy to set up and use. Bluetooth especially seems to connect much better and quicker than my bluetooth headphones do!
- The FM radio aerial doesn't seem to be very effective meaning I had to move the system to a different part of the kitchen to get any signal (a freebie radio picked up the stations I wanted fine in the old position) and even there it's a bit fuzzy, even with the aerial fully exended.
- The sound can be very poor quality (overly bassy to the point of wanting to turn it off), most notably if the sound levels are high on the device and low on the system. Obviously turning down the device and the system up helps but I'd expect the sound to be the same quality, especially over bluetooth
- the clock is pretty dim when the device is off. This is probably ok if used in a bedroom, but in the kitchen you can't see the time unless about 3 feet away when it's off
Overall, it seems fairly high priced for an average piece of kit. I'd expect better sound quality for the money but it looks good and is easy to use
Overall I am happy with my purchase - it suits my needs exactly.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Loved this dock, but it broke after a short while and they no longer sell it!! I am left with a dock that doesn't work!!!Published 14 months ago by Miss A L Williams
I loved it. The product was exactly as described and it sounds fantastic.Published 16 months ago by Miss Tracy J Wilson
Came with a broken clock. Repaired. Within two days, dodgy charger connection, leading to no charging for any device.Published 17 months ago by Amazon Customer
Would have loved these to match the standards of an iPhone dock but very poor
Does not connect well, you can't set the volume of the alarm
Just don't bother with it
Fantastic build quality and sound quality, works well with all equipment. It connects effortlessly with just about anything due to micro USB, Bluetooth and 3. Read morePublished on 20 Mar. 2014 by MR ADRIAN J B SMITH
LOOKS GOOD..AS IT IS A CHRISTMAS PRESENT..UNSURE OF WORKING QUALITY..BUT CERTAINLY LOOKS GOOD AND HOPE RECIPIENT IS HAPPY WITH ITPublished on 11 Dec. 2013 by riverbuyer
Software reliabality is patchy at best, and after six months of use the dock connector stopped working. Totally not worth the money.Published on 2 Dec. 2013 by avodaith