on 14 September 2009
Sticking to the important bits - the TV has a good picture & sound and was easy to get going (speaking as a none techie!). It's light weight and looks great in our living room. Our Sky controller also automatically worked with the tele but that may be bacuse our old tele was also a Philips and we had programmed it that way. Very happy :-)
on 16 December 2009
In some ways the jury is still out on this TV. I partly came online to see if I could resolve some problems and see if others were having them but only one review so ...

Picture seems good quality and there is lots of settings. Sound is, a bit muddy not terrible and better than some, but you definitely start thinking about external speakers when watching a film.

The real problem though is the inbuilt multimedia capabiliies. While this looks impressive, i.e. lots of sockets and not a bad menu / control syste, i.e. you can plug a hard-drive into it, memory stick, and any number of DVDs etc. There are several problems:

The User Interface is not brilliant for controlling films watched of a hard-drive. If you stop watching a film and say want to go to the midpoint later it takes ages as the fast-forward is not really fast. Also if you flick to the TV your place is lost. Maybe there's some clever way of doing this but I'm finding it a bit irritating as is.

More seriously though there seems to be problems with AVI files. Try watching a movie from say a hard-disk plugged into it and the sound appears to go slowly out of sink. You watch a film or something and twenty minutes in the sound is about half a second behind the film. I've tried using the same video files on my computer and they appear to work fine, so ...

I think there's something wrong with this machine's software (unless some reader knows of a clever setting to rectify this).

NB - It's probably fine if you just watch TV through it and sound is not your thing as the picture is nice and controls for all basic functions adequate, but overall I'm a bit disappointed as given all of the multimedia connectivity I expected to be able to use it to a bit more than this.
on 28 March 2010
Almost went for Sony but decided to save money instead and purchased this one. I bought this T.V. to replace my aging 28" Panasonic Quintrix which was very big and bulky. This is a cracking T.V. which delivers more size and space than the Quintrix. Didn't purchase from Amazon though I paid much less at M&S.