Pharmacology for Podiatrists Paperback – 25 Oct 2000
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Proposed changes in practice legislation will allow podiatrists to prescribe a limited range of drugs and dressings. It is therefore now required that students and practitioners understand pharmacology.
The book will cover both basic and clinical pharmacology and the podiatrist′s role in examination, assessment and diagnosis.
About the Author
Dr Rae Morgan, School of Podiatric Medicine, New College Durham, UK
Dr Margaret Johnson, Department of Pharmacology, University of Sunderland, UK
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
This book is sadly lacking in detail, which may be good if it sufficed as an introduction to pharmacology for podiatrists, but it doesn't even do that. The diagrams are verging on useless and the information on specific drug actions is lacking.
It makes a relatively tough subject harder to follow.
If you want an introduction to pharmacology try Mediacal Pharmacology at a Glance.
I would recommend all podiatry students of year 2 onwards to buy this book as a supplement to a more in depth pharmacology book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Ancillary Services > Chiropody & Podiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Pharmacology
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z