- Actors: Lon Chaney, Music score by Roy Budd
- Directors: Rupert Julian
- Format: Original recording remastered, Limited Edition, AC-3
- Language: English
- Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Number of discs: 1
- Classification: PG
- Studio: Mishka Productions
- Run Time: 93 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- ASIN: B00I9D8RQO
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 100,702 in DVD & Blu-ray (See Top 100 in DVD & Blu-ray)
The Phantom of the Opera (1925) - Roy Budd score
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
|Price:||£12.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
The original 1925 silent film, The Phantom of the Opera, has been newly remastered to beautiful effect. The most striking addition to the film is a succulent score by revered film composer, Roy Budd. The symphonic score was his last composition before his untimely death in 1993, shortly before he was due to conduct his new creation at the Barbican, London, then The Paris Opera and The Berlin Opera.
Now for the first time, this audio-visual feast can be enjoyed by fans of both his work, and of the classic film. The DVD also includes unique extra's, with an exclusive interview from esteemed film director Mike Hodges, director and writer of the cult-classic 'Get Carter', for which Roy Budd composed the iconic score. In the interview Mike Hodges discusses the making of 'Get Carter', and how he took the film from book to screen. Also included is rare footage of Roy Budd playing with the Roy Budd Trio at the 1983 Bob Hope Gala in London.
A musical child prodigy from the age of 4, Roy worked prolifically in the film industry, and in addition to Get Carter, created 40 film scores including such classics as The Sea Wolves, Wild Geese I & II, Kidnapped, Who Dares Wins and Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger. Mishka Productions are delighted to finally be able to bring his last work to his many fans.