Customer reviews

on 19 February 2011
Bought this item since I'm going away for 3 months come May camping out in Arizona.

The extra money for the Tikka 2 plus is well worth it for the extra light settings and longer lasting battery life.

It came within 2 days of ordering which is great. I decided to try it out while cleaning out under my PC desk and my PC itself since it was full of dust. The headlight is perfect for the job when you're going to be using both of your hands and don't have the means to set out a torch in the perfect area so you can see. I've found that the first white light is a little to bright for my liking when I'm not outside in the dark, so the ''economy'' second white light is perfect for the job and does the job just as good in my eyes. The torch part itself has the option to be moved up or down so that you can see better when you've got your head down, or are looking up at something.

There's also a flashing white light (if your ever lost, same as the flashing red) and then there's also a bright red light if you don't want to use the normal white. I have to say I tested out the red light while reading my book in bed at night and it did the job if not better than the white economy light. Only thing you have to get your head around is obviously remembering which order you have to press the button on top of the light to get which colour mode.

As for getting it onto your head, its got an easy elastic head strap which is easy to adjust and it doesn't give you a headache after having it on for long periods of time. Its also great to use when you have a hat on, and still fits perfectly. The button to turn on and off when you have it on is also very easy to get to, and there's no trouble with having to press down hard to get it to turn on. As for changing the batteries, that's also very easy to do. And it comes with all of the instructions in the pack itself.

Again, a fantastic purchase and I'm glad I spent the extra money on the more expensive option.
on 19 July 2011
Used the Petzl Tikka Plus 2 for The Three Peak Challenge. At Scaffel Pike at 04:30 it proved to be very usefull and gave out plenty of light so that I could see where to step very pleased with it and would reccomend it highly (My Wife accidently put it in the washing machine by mistake, it proved to be waterproof!!!)
on 12 April 2012
I bought this for my husband for Christmas and he reckons it's the best present he's ever had. Lightweight and well-designed, with a sensible, user-friendly switch design that allows you to choose your mode easily. The main light is easily bright enough to work with and the lower level light is very useful too. The red light is great for not destroying your night vision while giving enough light to see what you're doing. Only drawback for me is that I haven't managed to stop him blinding me when he looks at me - a fault with the husband, not the torch though!
It's so good, I'm going to get more of them for other family members; it far outclasses cheaper torches and is well worth the price.
on 13 December 2010
Always tricky buying things like this on line as you can't touch it or try it. I bought this for cycling down unlit country lanes at night and it is well up to the job. I didn't want to spend loads on a high spec bike light and this light has already proved useful for other tasks like looking for stuff in dark corners of the garage! Have tried cheap headtorches before and this is certainly worth paying that little bit more. And it comes with an impressive guarantee period. Go on, buy it!
on 15 December 2013
As an electrician I need a good strong head-torch for working on site in lofts, working after dark and looking into floor/wall cavities and this does the trick! The batteries last and last and the light produced is more than enough to see what I'm working on clearly. My previous head-torches have been £9.99 bargains from local DIY stores and pale in comparison. Another example of a worthwhile investment
on 29 August 2012
After struggling for a while with my first cheap head torch, I realised I needed something with a much stronger beam.

After some research, I opted for the Petzl Tikka Plus 2. I spend quite a lot of time outside in the dark due to my involvement with various conservation groups, and I was attracted by the beam length as well as the fact it's light weight and has a red option so as not to scare any animals I may come across. I am also a wheelchair user so obviously handling torches is not doing to work for me.

The Tikka Plus 2 works like a dream. I am going to get the CORE battery add-on as I prefer to use rechargeable batteries as it's one less thing to end up in landfill. The light is also more than adequate for taking photographs in the dark without using the camera flash.

Not a lot else to say really, a fantastic product that I would highly recommend to anyone else.
on 9 December 2010
Cannot fault. The main difference for me between this torch and the old version is that the back can be opened without a bionic hand.
Tiny, light, comfortable, batteries never seem to run out. I use high capacity NiMH batteries.
on 8 February 2014
I am very happy with this headlight. It is one of the cheaper (but not cheap) of the Petzl range but does exactly what I wanted. The white light is bright enough for me but not too bright so might be best used when in enclosed spaces or walking. In addition to the bright white light it also had a dimmer red light which is useful when you don't want to spoil your night vision. When switched into red mode it will come on in red mode until you change it; similarly it will stay in white mode if that has been selected. I found this a useful aspect as I didn't have to cycle through bright white in order to get to the red.
Both red and white light have flashing modes but, at the moment, I have no use for this facility.
on 1 April 2014
Great piece of kit, Very comfortable elastic headband. Main white beam very powerful. Useful eco-mode with added function of white flashing led too. Haven't tested battery life yet. Came with 3 good quality Duracell triple A batteries so should last a good length of time. Glad I paid extra for the Plus 2. Also has red LED which is useful to adjust eyes to night vision plus flashing red LED. This makes good distress signal when out on the hill. Seems well made and lightweight. Ideal for walking, backpacking etc,
on 23 September 2014
I've had one of these for a couple of years and have just bought a second. It works superbly providing you with your own little patch of daylight everywhere you look. I use it when caravanning but it's great for general use such as putting stuff in the loft or working outside.
It has two white light power settings, a flashing white setting plus a red and flashing red setting so could be used for cycling. It's comfortable to wear.
Highly recommended.