- Hardcover: 478 pages
- Publisher: CRC Press; 3 edition (24 Dec. 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1466506660
- ISBN-13: 978-1466506664
- Product Dimensions: 2.5 x 15.9 x 22.9 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,867,397 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Petroleum Economics and Engineering, Third Edition Hardcover – 24 Dec 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"…an excellent text for petroleum engineering departments, and a very good supplementary text in economics and chemical engineering departments. It is also a very good reference for practicing engineers."
―Mazen A. Al-Shalabi, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
About the Author
Hussein K. Abdel-Aal is emeritus professor for National Research Center (NRC), Cairo, Egypt and King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM), Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. He received his BS from Alexandria University, Egypt and his MS and Ph.D from Texas A&M University, College Station, USA. He has worked as process engineer for Suez oil refineries, headed KFUPM’s Chemical Engineering Department, served as visiting professor for Texas A&M, and headed NRC’s Solar Energy Department. He has contributed to over 90 technical papers, edited one book on petroleum economics and engineering, and authored Petroleum and Gas Field Processing. An AIChE member and fellow, he is founder of the board for the International Association of Hydrogen Energy, Miami, Florida, USA.
Mohammed A. Alsahlawi is a previous dean and current professor for King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM), Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. He holds a BS and MBA from KFUPM and a Ph.D from University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, USA. He has served as manager of KFUPM’s Economic and Industrial Research Division; head of the News Agency and Information Department for the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, Vienna, Austria; member of the Advisory Board of the Saudi Arabian Supreme Economic Council, Riyadh; and director of the Human Resources Development Fund, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. He also was the first president of the Saudi Association for Energy Economics.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Information is sometimes presented on a fundamental level and sometimes the authors assume you know the prerequisite that they are presenting.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law
- Books > Science & Nature > Chemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Chemical > Industrial Chemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Environmental
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Energy Technology > Fossil Fuels
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Petroleum, Mining & Geological > Petroleum
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Conservation
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Energy Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Industrial Chemistry & Manufacturing Technologies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Archaeology > Industrial Archaeology