Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Petition: Amazon, Please Stop Using CITYLINK!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 651-675 of 714 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jan 2014 14:25:33 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Jan 2014 14:26:25 GMT
Sunshine says:
I ordered a Vax U90-MA-R Air Reach Multicyclonic Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner today. I hope it's not going to become a delivery stress event.

Looking at my orders I see the Phillips AirFryer that I cancelled Sunday and refused delivery from Yodel of on Monday ( refused to sign for ) shows as being
DELIVERED, the money has been refunded so I have to ring Amazon again
and explain the situation. How does it show the item delivered when I have not signed for it. This is exactly the sort of situation that can leave doubt over a customers trustworthiness.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jan 2014 10:16:45 GMT
Billy says:
Sunshine 1. Left with neighbour probably because Amazon gave them permission to do so.

Posted on 10 Jan 2014 20:11:56 GMT
Kindlehead says:
Absolute garbage company. Standard practise is claim to have 'left a card' when driver can't be arzed to do his job.. "SHOW ME A PICTURE OF MY DOOR THEN LIARS!" No excuse for the existence of this shower of sh(the in 2014.

Posted on 13 Jan 2014 09:49:51 GMT
W Adams says:
City-link is a really awful delivery company. Usual story - stayed at home last Friday for the day to receive the package. Later that evening, city-link's tracking status says that an attempted delivery was made but no-one at home, card left. Both of their statements are patently false - I was here all day (with a very loud doorbell) and no card materialised.

Today (Monday), their website is not displaying my tracking information but informing me that that there are too many results for my tracking number and their "narrow search by postcode" does not work, simply refreshing the page.

I called their customer service line and they do not know if it will be delivered today. In order to receive any tracking updates I now have to call back customer services and hear, yet again, that they do not know anything.

This makes a joke of "Next Day Delivery" and I will be not be renewing my Amazon Prime subscription. Amazon, stop using such inept and unprofessional delivery services.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jan 2014 17:40:04 GMT
A. Ashmore says:
Citylink should be sacked. Unreliable, Late and Bad customer service

I ordered Christmas presents 6 days before Christmas eve, all arrived on the 30th (10 days late).

Having another bad order now as well. A TV I ordered last week on "One day delivery" has still not arrived, and the tracking number does not work on the Citylink website.

Amazon delivery was amazing until CityLink was involved. Please get rid of them.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jan 2014 18:07:37 GMT
Colin says:
One possibility for the tracking number not to be recognised, is that Amazon have printed the city-link label, assigned the tracking number but not yet passed the package to CityLink (or it has been lost in transit to Citylink before being scanned into their system)

Posted on 30 Jan 2014 09:57:25 GMT
S. buravin says:
have the same problem, on internet they say its on the way by the end of the day it says no1 was home so card was left.never they came or either the card was left so hoping on the second day will it come or no.if its conna be again the same problem no card will be left so how can i get the package even from theyr depot then? [closest depot is around 20 miles from me]

Posted on 30 Jan 2014 17:33:29 GMT
Claire says:
I ordered an exercise bike on the 18th January, due for delivery on the 22nd January. Then i received an email to say there had been an unexpected delay. Then i was told it would be the 27th January between 13:05 and 17:05.

1) i called city link at noon to tell them to pass on my telephone number to the driver incase he couldn't find my door.
2) at 17:05 i called them to say it hadn't arrived and the driver was a new one so was running late. Also the scanner wasn't working so they couldn't see where he was or had been that day. I explained i was ill and had a 200 mile drive to do that evening so would wait around a bit longer if they were sure he was going to deliver.
3) at 17:50 i called again. I was told the driver was back at the depot and had left a card at 12:10. Even the adviser on the phone knew this was a lie as they had passed on the details to the driver around this time. I was in all day.
4) 30th January- my bike has been delivered and will now be sat out in the rain for 10 days. I'm still waiting for the text message to say it's been delivered!

Here's the email address if you want to attach a letter of complaint. I will be doing this.

'Alternatively, you could send your letter, as an attachment to an e-mail, to the e-mail address customer-attachment-requests@amazon.co.uk'

Posted on 30 Jan 2014 17:49:01 GMT
Claire says:
Here's the link to the petition

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/amazon-eu-sarl-stop-amazon-using-city-link-delivery-services

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jan 2014 21:05:56 GMT
Bookbuff says:
Excellent, thanks for the info. I have just signed.

Everybody else who has suffered at the hands of CityLink please sign too!

Posted on 5 Feb 2014 09:08:11 GMT
Mark says:
I ordered some speakers on Saturday for Monday morning delivery, at 1pm I phoned City Link and they said that they had lost my order and if they could find it they would deliver on Tuesday Morning. Tuesday my wife stayed at home waiting for the order, at 10am the order changed to attempted delivery but no one at home. So now I have to travel 20 miles to pick my order up. I had no problems with DPD who amazon used over Christmas. I won't use Amazon for express delivery in future if they use City Link.

Posted on 5 Feb 2014 21:25:05 GMT
Buyer says:
Please Amazon stop using CityLink their poor performance damages your reputations and devalues your brand. Everytime I place an order and I see the courier is city link my heart sinks as I know I'll have to drive to my local depot as they can't be bothered to deliver to me.

Just STOP using them.

Posted on 6 Feb 2014 21:05:02 GMT
J. Pollock says:
What a joke, 3 days of attempted deliveries each time they stated they had tried to deliver and left a card when they couldn't each time no card left, at home all day waiting not once was any delivery attempted, finally after complaining they tried to deliver again this time the tracking website stated it had been delivered and signed for, yet again i'm at home no sign of the item, turns out they had delivered it to the wrong address and its with some luck that person was able to do what this "professional delivery firm" couldn't after 4 goes and tracked me down and delivered my item

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2014 22:41:22 GMT
Roz says:
Absolutely! After two days tearing my hair out after waiting in, being told they had delivered when they had done no such thing, and then saying they'd left a card, which they hadn't, I'm relieved to have found this series of posts. And I'll sign the petition.

Posted on 25 Feb 2014 17:09:04 GMT
Jim Kane says:
Unbelievably poor company with rude and unhelpful drivers. I suspect they are very cheap and it's more likely they will go out of business than Amazon will stop using.

Posted on 5 Mar 2014 12:06:24 GMT
Billy says:
Have now taken over from Yodel. Unprofessional managers means unprofessional staff. Thought they'd improved but have gone backwards again. We cannot risk sending our goods with them. Don't know what's happened. Post office/Parcelforce here we come.

Posted on 12 Mar 2014 15:30:48 GMT
I odn't understand why Amazon uses this company. In all other respects, their customer service is exemplary. But this is a huge let down. City-link is a joke. It's humorous that they can be this incompetent. I can't imagine the dissaray their warehouses and staff must be in, to be this consistently terrible.

Posted on 28 Mar 2014 18:40:33 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 28 Mar 2014 18:44:08 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Mar 2014 18:47:35 GMT
Magnard says:
City Link systematically and unquestionably lie about attempted deliveries in order to boost their performance statistics with Amazon (and with John Lewis, one of their other big customers). You are not their customer, they don't give a stuff about the service you receive or don't receive. Unless you complain, ideally with evidence as I did, to their real customers nothing will change. I think it's about time TV consumer programmes caught them red handed claiming they've attempted delivery when they haven't - can't be too hard to set up. Incompetence I can handle, blatant lying, clearly sanctioned if not encouraged throughout this corrupt organisation, I cannot tolerate.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Mar 2014 16:21:22 BDT
Billy says:
Lies, lies and more lies. Going backwards. No money to invest and don't care about people at the bottom or health and safety. 1 more year and they'll be gone.

Posted on 11 Apr 2014 19:36:57 BDT
Sy says:
27 Pages of customer complaints and Amazon are still using city link? I have had another failed delivery today. I called city link and was told the driver was running late but was in the area. No delivery, so I called back and was told the driver had gone home. I asked if the delivery could be made tomorrow (Saturday) The city link customer service operator acutally laughed at me! I asked to speak to a manager and was told "That isn't going to happen." Seriously Amazon? You allow these people to represent you? I pay for prime because I want next day delivery, not when ever city link can be bothered. I ordered for today because I was at home today. I will not be home Monday when city link say they will attempt delivery. The cost of prime is going up but the level of service is not worth the current price I will not be renewing my prime membership and will be looking for another retailer that uses a serious delivery company.

Posted on 12 Apr 2014 18:16:23 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 12 Apr 2014 19:17:44 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Apr 2014 19:55:07 BDT
Colin says:
This is 27 pages of "customer forum discussion". If everyone who has a problem delivery actually complains DIRECTLY to Amazon, then they would at least see exactly how many problem deliveries there are as a percentage of the total (and I suspect it is quite low).
Bear in mind also that many of the posts on here are from the same people, and SOME are saying "I don't have a problem".
There are only 672 posts, from 445 people since Aug 2010 - not that many in the overall scheme of things.

Posted on 21 May 2014 18:38:59 BDT
CITY LINK ? LEADERS IN THE RACE TO THE BOTTOM

Posted on 23 May 2014 23:46:08 BDT
I Agree. In future i will be looking at delivery options/courier before purchasing. If city link is the courier i will go else where. Even if the product is more expensive.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  468
Total posts:  714
Initial post:  2 Aug 2010
Latest post:  1 Jan 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 47 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about